Global Partner Development Manager - Travel, Media, Telecom
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to help manage AWS partnerships with the leading global systems integrators. Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to position Amazon as the technology platform of the future?
As a Partner Development Manager within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on strategy to help build mind share and adoption of Amazon's infrastructure web services (Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SimpleDB, and Amazon SQS) with one of AWS's key business partners and their customers.
Your responsibilities will include help driving executive and field relationships with a Global System Integrator headquartered in America. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with key accounts, you will be responsible for helping driving top line revenue growth and overall end customer adoption in the Travel, Media, and Telecom market segment.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with customers and account management/field reps. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Help sell, manage, and drive joint Travel, Media, and Telecom engagements between the Global System Integrator and AWS.
- Work with Geo level and Country Partner management, and AWS account teams in a highly collaborative operating model to help develop pipeline specific to the Global System Integrator.
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to define and deliver the joint solution set and supporting collateral.
- Liaise with the Partner's field sales organization, channels and end customers to help create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Help set a strategic business development plan for Travel, Media, and Telecom with the Global System Integrator and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Help execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Position AWS for internal use by the partner organization.
- Work closely with the Global System Integrator's customer base to ensure they are successful using AWS, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Ensure that AWS is the Global System Integrator's preferred cloud computing platform across all product lines.
- Understand the technical requirements of the Global System Integrator and work closely with the internal development team to help guide the direction of product offerings.
- Understand and exploit the use of internal Amazon systems.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Provide help during contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
- 12+ years experience in sales, business development and/or partner management
- Experience building Travel, Media, and Telecom Services Industry and workload specific value propositions and integrating them in a global sales GTM
- Experience developing detailed annual GTM plans and executing against specific goals while driving governance and other mechanisms to drive accountability both on the partner side as well as internally at AWS
- Deep sales experience and discipline to generate new opportunities with strong focus on pipeline tracking and deal execution through entire sales cycle
- Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Experience working within the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) category is highly desired.
- Proven experience driving revenue through partners with structured programs
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Posting ID: 562031165Posted: 2020-10-27