Kelly Services is currently hiring Material Handlers
for an international biotechnology product development company in Franklin, MA
- First Shift- $14.00/hour
- Second Shift- $14.75/hour
- Third Shift- $15.00/hour
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team member in a high activity environment
- Using ERP systems to ship, receive and stocks parts, counts, picks and delivers and transfers inventory to various locations.
- Ensures correct inventory balances and material identification are maintained throughout the process.
- Ensures that inventory locations are clearly identified and maintained and that inventory is continuously aligned with automated inventory records.
- Maintains the identity of material as it moves through the inventory management process.
- Maintains alignment between automated location records in ERP systems and the physical identification of those locations.
- Trains to and follows documented (ISO9001) procedures regarding material transfers, bin locations, material returns, etc.
- Follows HAZMAT storage policies and procedures.
- Support the cycle count program and maintains compliance to corporate financial procedures by driving effective root cause analysis and effective counter measures to improve inventory accuracy.
- Maintain a neat, orderly, well-organized, and safe working environment for logistics areas based on 5 S and OSHA requirements.
- Actively engaged in and support PPI and Lean activities.
- Work with internal and external customer’s in a professional manner
- Accurately manage the physical movement of material stock receipts, customer orders, inventory transfers, de-trash and put-away from the receiving dock to the warehouse and other facility storage locations.
- Support Shipping and Receiving Departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Logistics Manager.
- A minimum of a High School Education, GED, or equivalent.
- Experience Two to five years’ experience in a shipping, receiving and materials handling in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable proficiency with computers and working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office applications or equivalent.
- Good written and verbal skills. • Basic knowledge of inventory control practices.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and teamwork.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Experience with forklifts and /or fork lift certification preferred.
- Ability to use or learn how to use the necessary tools to build wood crates and skids.
- Ability to take and pass DOT training and a 40-hour Radiation Safety Course.
- Experience with material handling equipment (hand trucks, high bay storage, etc.).
- Knowledge of inventory control practices preferred.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 Lbs.
- Ability to work while standing and sitting (approximately 70 % of the time).
- This position is recruited for by a National Kelly Recruiter, not your local Kelly branch.
- Please submit your resume to be considered for this position by pressing the “SUBMIT RESUME” button below.
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Posting ID: 600637991Posted: 2021-01-21