The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at Takeda. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our colleagues will explain how these tools will be used during the recruitment process. Thank you.
*Please be aware of an Identity Theft Scheme targeting individuals seeking jobs with Takeda and other employers. See below or here for more info.
Director, Oncology New Product Planning - Business Development
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda's long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world's leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients' lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we're one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer ® status for 2020.
Director, Oncology New Product Planning - Business Development
Job ID R0019722 Date posted 05/14/2020 Location Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Takeda has a broad and growing oncology pipeline that will build upon our solid commercial foundation in both lung cancer and hematologic malignancies. Business development (BD) is a key activity in oncology that continually evaluates opportunities for in-licensing, out-licensing, co-promotions, research collaborations and other partnerships. Takeda is seeking a Director, New Product Planning- Business Development to work closely with our CEI, GBD and disease area strategy teams to ensure business development targets are defined and commercial insights are fully incorporated.
- The Director, New Product Planning-Business Development is a key role within the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) and will be responsible for evaluating new therapeutic asset and collaboration opportunities as part of an integrated team that drives business development, competitive intelligence, and partnering initiatives. This role is responsible for defining the overall commercial BD target list, developing a global commercial business development process, and delivering timely and effective commercial insights to evaluations.
- Proactively work with internal oncology disease strategy groups to identify therapeutic assets and collaborations that may strengthen Takeda's oncology pipeline to help guide business development activities in order to achieve corporate Business Development goals for the OBU
- Serve as the Global Commercial Lead on cross functional teams to ensure that opportunity development plans and strategies meet Global Commercial needs.
- Individually investigate and develop business analyses to provide evidence based go/no go recommendation for licensing, co-promotion, or acquisition.
- Build forecast and financial models for the valuations of both internal and external assets.
- Partner with CEI and GBD teams to support opportunity analyses and externalization activities by providing commercial strategic insights
- Secure key stakeholder buys-in to ensure global OBU commercial inputs are fully reflected in the opportunity evaluations by leading competitive and commercial evaluations through collaboration with global commercial team members (forecasting, competitive intelligence) and regional commercial leads
- Support and provide commercial input for optimal deal structure and financial considerations for new opportunities and support transactions from term sheet submission through definitive document finalization
- Participate in partnering meetings at key conferences (JP Morgan, ASH, ASCO)
- Independently develop global business analyses for global pipeline and external opportunities for senior management consideration
- Prepare and present business rationale for any opportunity recommendations to gain senior management approval
- Maintain and expand internal knowledge base in areas of scientific, clinical, and strategic interest to the company via scientific/medical conference attendance, market research, KOL interactions, and literature reviews.
- Develop and maintain key business relationships across multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or science-related graduate degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
- 7-10 years of pharmaceutical/biotech new product planning, Business Development, and/or pharmaceutical global strategic marketing experience
- Experience working with cross functional project teams (e.g. Drug Discovery, R&D, Business Development, etc.) in a global setting, guiding development strategies to meet commercial needs.
- Exceptionally strong forecasting and financial valuation experience across multiple therapeutic areas (e.g., oncology, hematology, a plus).
- Strong understanding of scientific data and issues as they impact oncology product development and commercialization, with a thorough understanding of the drug development process from preclinical through launch.
- Results-oriented, creative, self-starter with the ability to deliver high-quality deliverables on time that are appropriate for review by senior management
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to be effective in a matrix environment
- Strong ability to review and discern key relevant info, to concisely develop a business case for or against an external asset in a limited timeline
- Must possess proven leadership capabilities and experience leading teams and influencing cross-functional groups, including members of senior leadership.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.
Job Seekers: Protect yourself against identity theft
Please be aware there are instances of identity thieves posting Takeda-branded jobs and posing as employees to steal personal information. They visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and Social Security numbers.
Copyright 1995-2019 Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited. All rights reserved.