White Oak Medical Center seeks to hire an experienced Patient Access Registrar who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
The Patient Access Registrar will originate a patient medical record and account number by obtaining and accurately keying demographic, financial and clinical information into the host computer system. Completes insurance verification to maximize reimbursement for Adventist Healthcare, achieve Point of Service collection goals, and assist with achieving departmental goals. Provides compassionate service to all patients and displays actions and attitudes that portray and contribute to the Critical Success factors of the organization.
As a Patient Access Registrar, you will:
• Support hospital registration of all outpatient and inpatient services by obtaining the financial information pertinent to reimbursement and statistical data.
• Enter all demographic, insurance and patient notes accurately
• Register and pre-register patients as they arrive for their appointments and collect patient responsibility.
• Obtain any needed signatures from the patient at the time of registration or arrival.
• Greet and route all visitors/patients and responds to their requests in a helpful and courteous manner on the phone and in person.
• Perform accurate demographic and insurance updates on all patients as needed and required.
• Verify, collect and accurately enter insurance information into electronic health record system, and immediately notify supervisor if problems arise.
• Provide administrative support for Patient Access Dept., including answering phones, typing, faxing, electronic filing, copying, scanning and data entry, as needed.
• High School Graduate or equivalent. Some college preferred.
• Minimum of one-year experience within a healthcare environment. Can include insurer or public health setting as well.
• At least one-year experience in patient registration and/or eligibility and benefits.
• Requires some knowledge/training in government payer rules and regulations
• Requires some knowledge/training regarding TPLs, WC, and other payment sources and liabilities
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today! Apply now to be considered or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The hours for this position are between the hours of 3:00 pm -2:00 am for evening/night coverage. The candidate for this position must have flexibility to work various days/shifts (weekends included) to provide staff coverage when needed.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 565758589Posted: 2020-08-06