CONTRACT EH&S MANAGER/COORDINATOR ROLE! ESTIMATED TO BE ABOUT 6 MONTHS
Directs Company's Environmental Health and Safety Programs. Administers the standards and regulations of various other safety programs including (OSHA) Occupational Safety and Health Administration, (IEPA) Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, and (USEPA) United States Environmental Protection Agency. Facilitates accountability of Company supervisors in safety-related functions.
1. Directs the Company's overall safety program including training employees, conducting inspections, maintaining paperwork, and implementing appropriate safety standards.
2. Develops, implements, and maintains required OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) programs including, but not limited to, hearing conservation, personal protective equipment, confined space, forklift truck operators, hazard communications, bloodborne pathogen, MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) sheets, and lockout/tagout procedures.
3. Develops, implements, and maintains State (IEPA: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency) and Federal (USEPA: United States Environmental Protection Agency) environmental policies and regulations including, but not limited to, hazardous waste training and documentation, hazardous materials contingency planning, and EPA filings (inspection records, waste accumulation, etc.)
4. Establishes and coordinates emergency procedures with the local Fire Department, police, insurance companies, etc.
5. Facilitates Safety Committee monthly meetings and follow-up of action items.
6. Conducts accident investigations, and performs necessary follow-ups to assure any identified problems are corrected.
7. Administers maintenance of up-to-date safety records, statistics, Safety Guidelines/Handbook, new employee orientation programs, etc.
8. Manages outside contractors for safety, environment, security, fire protection, facilities and equipment.
9. Manages workers compensation administration in conjunction with the contracted nurse and TPA.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five years related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.