JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
Individual will be working in custom metal working, wire fabrication setting as a maintenance mechanic repairing various production machines such as welders, hook-formers, cutters, specialty equipment and presses along with other standard and fabricating machines. Must be comfortable troubleshooting, Have a background in manufacturing and electrically and mechanically inclined.
Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing machinery, installation of new equipment. Responsible for maintaining buildings equipment, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and machinery.
- Repairs and maintains physical structures, under supervision, using hand and power tools.
- Paints structures, performs masonry work, and repairs plumbing fixtures and woodwork.
- Makes repairs to tools and equipment.
- Repairs, maintains and installs low voltage electrical systems, appliances and fixtures.
- Measures, cuts, bonds, threads, assemble and installs electrical conduit.
- Moves, installs and adjusts appliances, fixtures, motors and other electrical/mechanical equipment for safety.
- Patches concrete and performs repairs on roof and furniture.
- Requests assistance from others for any problems beyond area of knowledge or expertise.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools.
- Follows detailed instructions from others or written format.
- Makes routine checks on equipment; documents status; completes necessary reports.
- Maintain equipment, wiring, fixtures, and lighting throughout facility and grounds.
- Perform all aspects of electrical installations and troubleshooting. High and low voltage.
- Use of a multi-meter for checking amps, volts, and ohms.
- Adhere to preventative maintenance schedule.
- Verify inventory and order parts as needed.
- Able to read electrical schematics, prints, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Able to work independently and part of a team.
- Able to accept responsibility.
- Able to read and follow detailed instructions.
- Willing to adhere to safety requirements.
- Quality of work.
- Compliance with company polices (e.g. Safety, Attendance, etc.).
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Full-Time, Monday to Friday; Hours according to specified shift. On-call/ Overtime. Nights and weekends as work demands
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Three to five years of maintenance trades experience a plus.
- Electrical experience a must.
SKILLS (Language, Mathematical, Reasoning, Other)
- Must be able to communicate in English, both written and verbally.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend work orders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with others or in an individual capacity.
- Ability to read electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic blueprints.
- Ability to work different shifts depending on what is required is preferred.
- Experience in Welding a plus.
- Experience in Fabrication a plus.
- Experience in pipe fitting skills.
- Knowledge of Rigging and moving machinery
- Knowledge of HVAC Systems.
- Experience with Fire systems.
- Experience with Air compressors.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Able to lift 50 pounds repetitively.
- Able to work in a production environment.
- Requires bending/stooping.
- Able to walk, stand and otherwise perform job functions on concrete floors with safety boots/shoes.
- Work in manufacturing environment occasionally being exposed to dust, odors, fumes and noise.
- Work in extreme hot and cold weather.
The information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Conditions may require the Company to modify this job description and the Company reserves the right to exercise its discretion to make such changes. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
siffron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other class protected under State or Federal law.