Warehouse Lift OperatorHourly pay rate: Earn $15/hr or moreAmazon remains open as an essential business to serve our communities delivering critical supplies directly to the doorsteps of people who need them. Find out what Amazon is doing to provide a safe environment for employees at this time on our COVID-19 FAQ page.You are on your way to joining the Amazon team that gets orders ready for customers. Stay active during your workday in this fast-paced warehouse environment.In this role, you'll get trained on how to use special equipment like:
You'll also learn about important safety rules and even how to do basic maintenance on some of the machines.Check out what some of our employees have to say about their jobs:https://www.amazondelivers.jobs/about/warehouse-jobsThis is a full-time role, which at Amazon means you'll get benefits starting your first day. Take advantage of your 3-day weekend by working a full-time 4-day week. Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to read and speak English for safety purposes.Duties and responsibilities:You'll be part of the team that prepares Amazon customer orders. Here are some of the things you'll get to do:
- Stand-up forklifts
- Turret trucks
- Order pickers
- Mobile carts
Shift details:Amazon warehouses offer a variety of shift and schedule options, including full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours), and part-time (20 hours). Schedule and shift availability vary by site.Here's more about what it's like inside the warehouse:
- Get customer orders ready and pack them up
- Receive and put away inventory
- Load boxes into trucks for shipment
- Use stand-up forklifts and mobile carts to move pallets and inventory through the warehouse
- Use order pickers to pick and put away inventory up to 40 feet high
- Your safety is important to us.
- We'll give you protective gear, such as a facial covering and safety vest to wear.
- Temperature checks are being conducted at sites around the U.S. Anyone registering a temperature over the CDC-recommended 100.4F will be asked to return home and only come back to work after they've gone three days without a fever.
- Associates are expected to follow social distancing guidelines, participate in safety exercises such as daily stretching, and share safety tips with co-workers.
- You will work around and use moving machines, such as stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, order pickers, and mobile carts.
Learn more about the equipment you'll get to learn how to use here: http://www.amazondelivers.jobs/about/pit-equipment-at-amazon/You will also need to be able to:
- You'll be on the move for your whole shift. Your shifts will include standing in one place for long periods, walking around, and climbing stairs. You will need to wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes.
- Even with climate controls, temperatures in some parts of our warehouses may vary between 60Â°F Â and 90Â°F. Temperatures can go over 90Â°F in the truck yard or inside trailers on hot days.
- It can get noisy. We will give you hearing protection, if you need it.
- The dress code is relaxed with a few rules to follow for safety.
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during long shifts
- Use carts, dollies, and hand trucks to move stuff around
- Go up and down stairs (for sites with stairs)
- Work at a height of up to 40 feet (for some sites)
Learn more here: https://www.amazondelivers.jobs/about/benefitsWhat's next?Learn more about our hiring process here:http://www.amazondelivers.jobs/about/amazon-hiring-process/
- Paid time off
- Health care benefits
- Employee discounts
- 401(k) savings plan
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Basic life insurance
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visitÂ https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma
PandoLogic. Keywords: Warehouse Worker, Location: Belvidere, IL - 61008
Posting ID: 582134260Posted: 2020-10-26