Resident Care Manager/RN
Bend Transitional Care
900 NE 27th Street
Bend, OR 97701
The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of the facility. Responsibilities/Qualifications/Skillset
- Participate in the development of a written plan of care for each resident and review resident's medical and nursing treatments to ensure they are in accordance with the resident's care plan and wishes.
- Complete the planning, scheduling and revising of the MDS, including the implementation of CAA's and Triggers.
- Make daily rounds to ensure that all nursing personnel are performing their work assignments.
- Review nurses' notes to ensure that they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided and the resident's response to care and wishes.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with all facility personnel to ensure that the needs of the resident are met.
- Participate in reviews of the discharge plans and prepare reports for the Care Plan Committee as directed.
- Delegate, train, evaluate and support RN, LPN and CNA personnel.
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services and fill in as needed.
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
- Make recommendations for new or changes in procedures, policies, methods, education, reference material and general nursing practices to ensure the highest level of quality patient care is given.
- Attend continuing education programs designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession, and participate in/provide leadership for in-service training for nursing personnel.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
- Must have a minimum 1 year of experience as a supervisor in a healthcare setting.
- Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and computer documentation systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
Located in the ultimate outdoor Oregon city lies Bend Transitional Care , a 54-bed skilled nursing community. Their services include: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, and respite care.
The team values quality care with a 4-star Medicare rating and a 5-star staffing rating. The American Health Care Association recognized Bend Transitional Care for quality care as part of the Quality Initiative Recognition Program
Staff have a great connection with residents. "I feel like that's why people work in skilled nursing - they have the opportunity to slow down and get to know their patients," says Ashley Noble, Administrator. "Our staff get time to learn and grow with our patients."
As part of the Avamere Family of Companies, the team is proud to be named one of Oregon's most admired companies by the Portland Business Journal as they continually strive to enhance the life of every person they serve.
Get to know more about Bend Transitional Care on their blog
Posting ID: 589395327Posted: 2020-11-26