The Night Auditor is primarily responsible for, but not limited to, ensuring accurate hotel accounting of guest transactions, billing and hotel revenue. In addition, the Night Auditor is also charged with the same responsibilities of a Front Desk Agent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests’ needs
- Committed to making sure every guest is satisfied
- Meets or exceeds guest satisfaction measures
- Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service
- Implements and practices guest service initiatives and performs to Company standards
Front Desk Operations
- Greet all guests (internal and external)
- Process guest reservations, registration (check-in) and departures (check-outs)
- Offer guest assistance at every opportunity
- Respond to all guest requests efficiently
- Ensure guest satisfaction by following through on requests and other needs
- Provide information to guests about hotel policies, services and amenities
- Provide information, directions and other assistance as necessary about the local area
- Maintain accurate guest information in the hotel property management system including, but not limited to: basic guest information, billing/payment, guest charges, etc.
- Handles collection efforts of all in-house balances and notifies management of potential liabilities
- Balances all cash, check, credit card and ledger accounts through verification, shift reports and performs audit functions if assigned
- Maintain daily logs and checklists
- Effectively communicate all pertinent information to other employees within the department
- Effectively communicate all pertinent information to other departments (Housekeeping, Security, Maintenance, etc) regarding room status/availability, guest requests, etc.
- Assist in all areas of the operation including PBX/Switchboard, bellman or concierge services, reservations and other areas as necessary
- Comply with all standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company policy
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming in accordance with company policy
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Maintain and organize work area regularly
- Other duties as required
Night Audit Operations
- Closing and balancing room accounts
- Counting and balancing cash and credit card receipts/transactions
- Balance all department transactions
- Maintain/balance all direct bill accounts
- Make necessary adjustments/corrections to accounts as necessary to maintain accurate accounts, folios, etc.
- Print and distribute various audit reports
- Complete all audit checklists and logs
- Prepare guest folios for Express Check-Out
- Close the business day and start new business cycle
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent, plus relative experience in customer service
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests and supervisors for optimum operation of the property
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required at this time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; handle objects, tools, or controls; and verbally communicate
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Posting ID: 28480672Posted: 2020-07-14