I. GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Creates and promotes a corporate culture that promotes Person Centered Planning. Serves as an advocate for individuals with disabilities within the organization, with other organizations and the community at large. Provides support, direction, and guidance to managers and clinicians (if applicable). Provides leadership in promotion of agency mission and goals. Assists the director in providing oversight of personnel, financial and administrative functions and procedures. Provides leadership in developing, monitoring and revising agency’s strategic plan and goals, with focus on outcome measurement.
Bachelor’s Degree (two years of directly relevant experience may be substituted for one year of college)
Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory/management experience in mental health field or comparable management experience.
Experience in professional level communication, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing Continuous Quality Improvement methodologies;
- Completion of the personnel hiring requirements specified in the Conditional Job Offer at the time of hire.
III. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The general responsibilities are in the areas of individual Support, Teamwork/Leadership, Operations/Administrative, and Continuous Quality Improvement.
IV. JOB PERFORMANCE SPECIFIC DUTIES
A. Individual Support
- Promotes Person Centered Planning philosophy and policy with all staff, individuals served and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates with support teams in unusual circumstances as needed to ensure that the individual’s needs and Person Centered Plan are met, which includes linking to other services and supports.
- Participates in advocacy opportunities including collaborating with other organizations, legislature, governmental agencies, schools, advocacy organizations, health care providers, etc.
- Provides support, training, direction and guidance to personnel in area of responsibility.
- Prepares the organization for the future by leading and/or participating in agency planning groups and task forces.
- Builds collaborative and supportive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Creates organizational culture of growth, teamwork, inclusion and empowerment.
- Consistently demonstrates the highest standards of agency mission, including philosophy of support to consumers, family and staff.
- Develops and ensures fiscal procedures that are sound and efficient. Monitors overall budget compliance, taking action as indicated. Provides input into budget development.
- Ensures human resource functions and practices are both consistent with agency policy and supportive staff.
- Develops and updates written procedures contained in Operations and Administrative Manual.
- Provides oversight to office functions, facilities management and information technology systems.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
D. Continuous Quality Improvement
- Ensures effective and efficient management and clinical information systems that provide management information.
- Participate in developing agency and regional Continuous Quality Improvement plans. Monitors progress towards outcomes specified in these plans, taking action as necessary.
- Consistently looks for ways to do things better – feedback from data, new trends, individuals served, stakeholders, etc.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all applicable regulations and requirements. Ensures systems in place to meet/exceed these. Keep updated on changes.
Posting ID: 585373228Posted: 2020-11-20