Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will:
- Have a passionate purpose.
- Do worthwhile work.
- Make a difference in people’s lives.
InterCare is searching for a full-time Float RN to join our team! At InterCare, you’ll find a rewarding and challenging work environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes: vacation/personal paid time off, sick time, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, and short term and long term disability insurance.
The Float RN will be responsible for supporting clinic coverage, assisting in COVID-19 testing, supporting the flu clinic, and other special projects.
Hours of work are Monday through Friday, generally 9am-5:30pm, with one later evening/week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing high level nursing functions.
- Partner with providers and other clinical support staff to deliver safe, high quality patient assessment, treatment, education, and follow up care in a patient centered medical home ambulatory setting.
- Collaborate with providers and other care team members in advising and referring the patient and families to community resources and track all referrals.
- Remain alert to and communicate information regarding potentially high risk situations or unsafe patient conditions.
- Responsible for the oversight of medication management including the administration of immunizations, other medications and medication refills according to policy and procedures.
- Performs in-house laboratory testing following InterCare policy and procedures
- Responsible for patient triage to include phone triage and walk-ins.
- Anticipate urgent or emergent patient situations and respond appropriately.
- Perform general care management and population health duties as needed.
- Provide oversight of clinic flow.
- Function as a team leader in the delivery of patient services.
- Coordinate care among the clinical support team.
- Help identify patient flow problems and takes initiative in their solution.
- Participate as a clinical team member
- Engage in process improvement initiatives.
- Regularly attend site meetings; including CSD training and education sessions with the intent to improve patient outcomes.
- Support the competency and clinical development of other team members.
- Actively participate in daily huddle.
- Participate in pre-visit planning, screening, assessment, discharge, and follow-up of patients.
- Adhere to all regulatory body, infection control, and organizational standards.
- Completion of an accredited nursing program.
- Current RN license in the State of Michigan.
- BLS Certification, to be completed within two months of employment.
- Minimum of one year of ambulatory and/or hospital nursing experience preferred.
- Displays compassionate, ethical, and professional demeanor.
InterCare Community Health Network is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Bangor, Michigan. We employ 400 medical and dental health professionals and support personnel at multiple locations. InterCare is a federally qualified health center dedicated to improving individual health and reducing health issues in the communities that we serve. InterCare Community Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
InterCare participates in E-Verify and once you have accepted a job offer and completed your I-9, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Posting ID: 575767502Posted: 2020-09-25