This position is located at Helia Healthcare of West Frankfort in West Frankfort, IL. JOB SUMMARY
The overall purpose of the Certified Nursing Assistant position is to provide each of the assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the residents' plan of care.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESPerforms duties and responsibilities with assigned functional area within a nursing home facility which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Consistent and regular attendance.
- Provides personal care to residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort consistent with facility policies and procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Strives to provide for resident preference and choice in all areas of care.
- Identifies and corrects safety hazards in patient care areas and understands personal responsibility for all aspects of patient safety.
- Complies with established policy, practices and standards for nursing services.
- Promotes and supports the greatest possible degree of independence for residents.
- Consistent and regular attendance and punctuality.
- Advises charge nurse of residents status at beginning and end of shift.
- Contributes knowledge of residents' conditions and documents observations as required.
- Promotes safe/clean environment.
- Complies with requirements of procedures for safe lifting and/or safe transfer of residents per established policies and procedures.
- Assures that equipment is clean and functional and reports any malfunctions to supervisor.
- Performs incidental housekeeping or maintenance tasks as may be required to maintain a clean, hazard-free environment for residents, visitors and staff.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment as required to perform personal care tasks.
- Makes frequent round on unit assigned to assure the environment is neat, odor-free and orderly and corrects as needed. This includes resident rooms, hallways, public restrooms, shower rooms, dining rooms and any other common areas.
- Completes daily documentation as required including restorative programming, and computerized documentation.
- Carries out restorative programs as directed.
- Is familiar with the Abuse prevention policy and knows responsibility to enforce it.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to communicate in English via phone, in writing, and verbally in conversations with different levels of staff, patient families, and any outside customers.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must routinely lift and/or move at least 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Certified Nursing Assistant must have the following:
- State certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- No disqualifying criminal offenses as defined by regulatory guidelines.
- Attends in-service and educational programs.
- Completes Relias in-services on time as assigned.
- Completes 12 hours of in-service annually as required to maintain certification.
- Keeps CPR up to date.
Posting ID: 548780634Posted: 2020-12-16