Field Training & Customer Standards Specialist
Job Description Company Overview
Ecolab is the world's leading provider of cleaning, food safety and health protection products and services. Ecolab's Global Food Retail division delivers a comprehensive cleaning and food safety program developed specifically for the food retail industry, partnering with the customer to identify food safety risks and help prevent the spread of foodborne illnesses. Position Description
Field Training & Customer Standards Specialists support the Food Retail services program through field support, auditor training, active review of audits and auditor performance to ensure high quality assessments. They are responsible for ensuring quality execution of customer auditing schemes by working directly with Field Operations (TR, DM, and AM) to evaluate, train, and provide feedback on audit work product and service delivery. They will work in close collaboration with Corporate Accounts, Commercial Solutions, and the Customer Standards team. Main Responsibilities
- Daily interaction with field associates including training and clarification issues, basic technical support, and general questions
- Accompanies field associates on field visits within territories and at required intervals to help ensure audit accuracy and calibration.
- Identify, communicate and assist in addressing knowledge or performance based deviations from Ecolab or customer expectations
- Assist in the onboarding of new Territory Representatives and Territory Representatives that are expanding audit duties to ensure auditing proficiency
- Assist in the quality assurance data review process to ensure audit data is in line with Ecolab and customer expectations
- Assist with new business development through the execution of pilot programs
- Partner with Corporate Accounts Managers to continuously evaluate, improve, and profitably expand the auditing services profile within the customer base
- Provides regular updates to Director of Food Safety & Customer Standards & Customer Standards Manager regarding the status of projects and general business performance
- Resolves customer issues and problems efficiently and effectively
- Addresses customer concerns and follows up regularly
- Assist in the development and implementation of new audit tools, related IT components, and reporting mechanisms.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training and calibration materials/events to help improve field associate execution
- Assist in the process to obtain and maintain ISO Certification for field auditing services
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid driver's license, acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Ability to obtain professional certifications as required (CP-FS)
- Ability to travel up to 50% (local, domestic, and overnight)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2+ years in customer service, account management, or project management.
- Proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Exceptional communication & organizational skills
- Self-discipline and high sense of urgency
Dimensions Size of Business / Scope
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health, Food Science, Business, Math, Marketing, or Hospitality.
- Related industry experience (Retail or Foodservice)
- Experience with the FDA Food Code
- Database experience and basic knowledge of statistics
- Good decision-making and problem solving skills when handling challenging situations in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects that require timeliness and accuracy
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Support for ~$30-50 Million in business
- Support for ~75-100 field staff
- Support for ~1-4 Corporate Account Managers
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Work with Purpose
Hear how our team is taking on meaningful challenges.