21c Museum Hotels is committed to the Health and Safety of our teammates and guests. We have collaborated with top physicians in the fight against COVID-19 to revise our already stringent cleaning protocols to providing the safest workplace as possible. These new protocols include:
- Social Distancing: We have added signage throughout our properties to encourage distancing among our teammates and guests. We have also spaced our various fixtures within our properties, such as tables in our restaurants to encourage safe distancing.
- Required Use of Masks: Teammates and guests alike are required to wear masks at all times while in public spaces within our properties. Masks must cover the nose and mouth.
- Health Screenings: All teammates and guests are required to go through a brief health screening process before entering our properties, this includes touchless temperature checks and a health questionnaire about possible exposure as well as symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of our public spaces, particularly of those high-touch areas, such as door handles, handrails and elevator buttons.
- Frequent Hand Washing: All teammates are required to wash their hands frequently for at least 20 seconds while working. We have also increased the number of hand sanitizer stations throughout our property to prevent the spread of germs or other contaminants.
Reports To: Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine, Executive Chef
General Purpose: Accurately and efficiently cooks hot food products as well as prepares and portions food products prior to cooking. Also performs other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
- Understands menu and techniques required to execute the dishes properly.
- Reports to work on time and ready to work scheduled shift.
- Able to work as part of a team focused on a common goal.
- Possesses and brings in the proper tools to do the job: microplanes, knives, honing steel, tongs, spatula, saucing and plating spoons (the restaurant provides any other necessary tools).
- Understands the importance of tasting and seasoning the food properly, no matter how simple the dish.
- Understands how to work with different forms of heat and cooking methods.
- Receives and applies criticism in a positive manner, even from fellow employees.
- Understands and has experience using different kinds of proteins, fruits, vegetables, grains, dry goods, spices, vinegars, etc.
- Actively learns through inquiry.
- Keeps a clean and organized work station before, during, and post service.
- Knows station set up and pars to assist sous chefs in ordering and writing prep lists for the next day.
- Able to identify product quality and freshness.
- Able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends).
- Responsible, dependable, punctual.
- Strong communication skills; must be able to speak, read, and understand English.
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for all things 21c.
- Must pass a background check.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
21c Museum Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Posting ID: 580160371Posted: 2020-10-18