This position is responsible for processing all release of information (ROI) specifically medical record requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient's right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient's medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations. This is a mid-level position with at least 1 year related HIM experience. In addition to HIS I Foundation, HIS II is responsible for training HIS I staff and providing reports to manager and/or the facility. The position may also assist leadership with planning, developing and implementing departmental or regional projects.
o Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 PM
o Full Benefits: PTO, Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance and 401k Savings Plan & Tuition Reimbursement
o Location: This role will be performed at one location (Bentonville, Arkansas 727166)
NOTE: The primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Area manager may perform all or some of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented in the area managers performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents' immediate or manager.
- Receive and process requests for patient health information in accordance with Company and Facility policies and procedures
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Maintain confidentiality and security with all privileged information.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision responding to changing priorities and role needs
- Maintain working knowledge of Company and facility software
- Adhere to the Company's and Customer facilities Code of Conduct and policies
- Inform manager of work, site difficulties, and/or fluctuating volumes
- Assist with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required.
- Enhanced need for attention to detail for medical records
- Consistent application of medical privacy regulations to guard against unauthorized disclosure
- Responsible for managing patient health records
- Responsible for safeguarding patient records and ensuring compliance with HIPAA standards
- Prepares new patient charts, gathering documents and information from paper sources and/or electronic health record.
- Ensures medical records are assembled in standard order and are accurate and complete.
- Creates digital images of paperwork to be stored in the electronic medical record
- Responds to requests for patient records, both within the facility and by external sources, retrieving them and transmitting them appropriately
- Answering of inbound/outbound calls
- May assist with patient walk-ins
- May assist with administrative duties such as handling faxes, opening mail, and data entry
- May schedules pick-ups
- Assist with training associates in the HIS I position
- Generates reports for manager or facility as directed
- Must exceed level 1 productivity expectations as outlined at specific site
- Participates in project teams and committees to advance operational Strategies and initiatives as needed
- Mentor HIS staff for further professional development
- Inform senior leadership of issues, opportunities or challenges
- Assist throughout the region with training, mentoring and/or coverage as needed
- Participate and assist with onboarding activities for new employees
- Assist with Quality Assurance tasks as directed by management
- Acts in a lead role with staff regarding general questions and assists with new hire training and developmental training.
- Leads training sessions for timely staff development
Working conditions & physical demands
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Customer service experience preferred
- Experience in a healthcare environment or office setting is preferred.
- Knowledge, experience and/or training in accurate data entry, office equipment and procedures required.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be able to commute between sites as needed
- Must maintain a current and valid driver's license and personal automobile insurance OR ability to commute between sites in alternate format
- Must have strong data entry skills
- Must be able to work overtime during peak seasons if needed
- Able to respond to requests in a fast-paced environment
- Meets and/or exceeds Company's Productivity Standards
- 2-year Health Information related experience strongly preferred
- Ability to present to small groups
- Forward thinking and ability to problem solve
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit frequently throughout an eight-hour period, reach horizontally and vertically for overhead use. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift 20 lbs., perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an environment with constant interruptions. Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limited travel may be required.
Posting ID: 589235972Posted: 2021-01-20