A Kitchen Assistant will assist Baker, Froster and Utilities departments as needed by providing assistance in all or any roles as described below.
Kitchen Assistant will assist with making frosting and frost all cakes according to NBC's standards and time, guidelines including cakes available for walk-in guests, pre-ordered cakes, and marketing cakes. He/She will be responsible for keeping the display case fully stocked, samples readily available, and maintain appropriate par levels of additional cakes. It will be the his/her responsibility to keep the frosting station clean, sanitized and running efficiently.
He/She will be responsible for washing dishes from the baking and frosting department as well as cleaning the bakery. Cleaning will include floors, walls, bathrooms, shelves etc. During downtime, the dishwasher will fold boxes, label containers and assist other departments.
- Possess a strong sense of teamwork
- Ability to follow instructions
- Has integrity
- Takes initiative.
- Possess ability to foresee
- Has good organizational skills & loves to clean.
- Able to find comfort doing repetitious work while paying attention to surrounding for any other needs.
- Has the ability to work well under pressure
- Has a strong sense of pride in one's work
- Possess strong physical stamina. Ability to work at a fast pace
- Feels the necessity to keep a clean & hygienic work environment
- Fits the Nothing Bundt Cakes Culture ~ Servants heart, Spirit of a champion, making genuine connection & ownership mentality.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Abide by all NBC policies and procedures. Uphold NBC's image and brand
- Maintain par levels of all products: bundtlets, 8” &10” cakes, assorted Bundtinis, sample trays & pre-orders completed in time.
- Wash all dishes from frosting and baking departments. Make frosting batches as per daily par level.
- Daily clean all working areas. Sweep, mop, clean & sanitize tables, microwave and tool bins.
- Wash all dishes from frosting and baking departments. Empty trash and take to dumpster.
- Put away shipments received with correct marking or received and expires dates to assure FIFO process.
- Complete bi-weekly deep cleaning to maintain cleanliness of walls, floors, shelves & surfaces, refrigerator, cooler, windows, floor drains, carts, garbage cans.
- Assist other departments when necessary and as assigned by supervisor.
Posting ID: 74410389Posted: 2020-07-14