Reports directly to the Operations Manager. Assists the Operations Manager with the production team ensuring adhesion to all company policies. Communicates company goals, safety practices, and deadlines to the team, ensuring that all objectives; safety, quality and output are met successfully on a daily basis. Provides help to management, including training and coaching. Keeps Operations Manager updated on team performance and concerns.
I. Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist with the day-to-day successful operation of the Production department.
· Audits the Production areas daily to ensure adhesion to company safety program and housekeeping and addresses concerns with Operations Manager.
· Leads the Production team to support manufacturing daily production goals while maintaining safety and quality.
· Works with the Leads and Operations Manager to deliver the correct product, with the correct quality and in sufficient quantities to ensure non-stop operation and on time shipping deliveries.
· Responsible for meeting hourly production quotas and to deliver product that meets quality standards.
· Conducts equipment setups, basic maintenance and troubleshooting as needed.
· Responsible for identifying and eliminating waste in the production process.
· Communicates team member attendance issues to Operations Manager.
· Maintains the Production area in a safe, clean and organized manner at all times.
· Provides training and coaching to the Production team as directed by Operations Manager.
· Listens to team members’ feedback and communicate concerns to management.
· Administers corrective action for low performance and or policy violations.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
II. Managerial Responsibilities
· Willingness to learn and obtain the necessary skills required for the job
· Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
· Knowledge of hardwood lumber including species, grade, and board feet calculation
· Knowledge of quality systems and standards including Statistical Process Control
· Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
· Knowledge of process improvement techniques including Lean Manufacturing Principals
· Knowledge of human resource principles and practices in accordance with State and Federal laws as well as RAD Company Policies
· Knowledge of machines and tools
· Solid computer skills including all Microsoft Office Programs
· Must have a minimum of High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· 2-5 years of direct managerial experience. This experience would preferably be in a secondary wood products manufacturing environment or related field but this is not a requirement.
· Solid work history and references
· Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
IV. Key Competencies
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Planning and organizing
· Attention to detail
· Communication skills
· Influencing, coaching, and leading
· Delegation and willingness to hold others accountable
· Team work
· Conflict management
V. Skills, interests and qualities
· The ability to communicate clearly with staff at all levels
· Good problem-solving skills
· An understanding of manufacturing processes
· Knowledge of manufacturing quality standards including SPC
· The ability to make effective decisions under pressure
· The ability to work to deadlines