General Summary of the Position:
Perform tasks involving physical labor at pipeline heavy construction projects. May operate a variety of hand and power tools. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, load and unload materials, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in heavy construction projects.
- Assist pipelayers and operators as required.
- Excavate and fills trenches and ditches.
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Director or HR Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in heavy construction work.
- Basic knowledge of applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule per foreman’s direction.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing as required.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- Valid appropriate state driver’s license (general operator license). Commercial driver license (Class A or B) preferred.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Noise level is generally loud.
- Must be able to quickly move arms and legs.
- Excellent stamina is required.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 563387305Posted: 2020-10-01