20-84 AGRICULTURAL WORKER, X14, - BINGEN, H2A
This H-2A job opportunity is limited to qualified, available workers that are currently eligible to work in the United States, per federal regulation.
This is an H-2A job order for row crop vegetables, stone fruit and cherries.
Specific Job Requirements for cherries and row crops:
THINNING: Thinning is a manual process used to control the size and quality of grown crop. The Worker must possess the ability to pick up, handle a 10 ft. or 12 ft. orchard ladder weighing 40 pounds. Furthermore, the Worker must be able to use scissor like clippers. This process requires the Worker to remove, in some cases not limited to the smallest blossom, bud and/or identifiable crop from withina cluster of other crops. The Worker will be expected to be able to identify and remove crop that is misshapen, damaged and/or with other quality problems as directed by supervisors. Thinning may be performed from a motorized platform and/or from the ground or a ladder.
TRAINING: Training is a process in which the plants/trees are manipulated to increase yield and/or quality. The Worker must possess ability to pick up, handle a 10 ft. or 12 ft. orchard ladder weighing 40 pounds. Training may be performed from a motorized platform and/or from the ground or ladder. Some example training tasks are but not limited to:Tying, taping or clipping tree limbs to wires.Tying up or down tree limbs.Training and limb positioning of trees.
Shoot thinning, sucker removal, cluster thinning, shoot positioning, hedging, or leaf removal or plants.Propping and supporting trees or crops.
PRUNING: Pruning Fruit trees according to established company procedures. Work will be performed on trees or crops for long periods of time using a variety of pruning equipment including but not limited to hand shears, hand loppers, hand saws, clippers etc. Furthermore, the worker must possess ability to pick up, handle a 10 ft. or 12 ft. orchard ladder weighing 40 pounds. Pruning may be done fromthe ground or a ladder up to 12 feet in height or from a motorized platform. The Worker may be required to selectively prune only trees or crops of a certain size and color as instructed by the crew supervisor.
Other Job Specifications Include: THIS IS A DESCRIPTION FOR ROW CROPS
1. Pick row crops according to instructions of supervisor.
2. Exercise care to prevent bruising or breaking of trees/fruit or row crop.
3. Farm clean up tasks to include picking up garbage around the farm and other hand tasks.
4. Planting cabbage, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, eggplant, cucumbers and peppers.
5. Pick green beans, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, eggplant, corn, green cabbage, cucumber, spinach, cilantro, squash, green onions, kale, beets, cherries, peaches, nectarines, and apricots.
6. Weeding, sorting, packing, and bunching in packing shed - green onions, spinach, green beans, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, corn, green cabbage, cucumbers, cilantro, zucchini, squash, beets, kale, cherries, peaches, nectarines and apricots.
Other Job Specifications Include: THIS IS A DESCRIPTION FOR TREE FRUIT
1. The Worker will care for young non-producing fruit trees including but not limited to weeding, hoeing, trunk painting, hand fertilizing and growth selection by hand and clipping.
2. Provide general labor to assist in the establishment of new orchard properties by clearing property, planting trees, building trellis, repair and spreading of composted material and any other labor considered necessary for the efficient structure of new orchard properties.
3. To care for trees during growing process and recognize tree disease.
4. Repair sprinklers on overhead cooling system. May also be required to install all types of irrigation systems.
Fruit Harvest: Worker will hand harvest cherries apricots and peaches. Worker will attach harness, bucket or bag and pick low hanging fruit while standing or on a ladder. Worker will pick according to grade, color and size by grasping fruitwith the hands and removing from the tree in a motion so as not to harm adjacent buds on the tree branches. Worker will carry harness, bucket or bag of up to 20 lbs. and will place fruit into plastic lugs which hold approximately 30 pounds offruit. Care must be exercised at all times to prevent bruising of fruit or breaking of branches.
1. Harvest preparation including spreading liners in bins, rolling bins into blocks by hand.
2. Load and unload empty bins by hand and place in orchard.
3. Hand harvesters may be required to selectively pick only fruit of a certain color and/or size as instructed by the supervisor.
4. Hand harvesters will be required to handle fruit carefully and not bruise or damage fruit when it is placed in the bin.
5. Swamping of full fruit buckets into bins at harvest
6. Observation of bruised, damaged or cull fruit by the supervisor will result in a bad bin mark and after three bad bin marks, the employees will receive disciplinary action up to and including termination. A bad bin mark occurs when a bin is
inspected and a significant number of culls, bruised or damaged are found by the supervisors.
Workers can also:
1. Operate or tend equipment used in agricultural production and field preparation such as tractors, irrigation equipment, 4-wheelers, trucks, and other commonly used equipment in agriculture.
2. Operate tractors to mow, weed spray and move bin/tote trailers in the orchard and fields.
3. Load and mix chemicals in addition to operating tractors pulling air blast sprayers.
4. Install monitor, maintain and repair the irrigation system for a specified area of the orchard.
5. Spray fertilizer or pesticide solutions to control insects, fungus and weed growth, and diseases, using hand sprayers.
6. Drive vehicles to haul crops, supplies, tools, or farm workers.
Light Duty: Workers restricted to light duty work by their physician may be offered light duty jobs in accordance with State Law and/or agency guidance.
The employer will furnish, without charge, all tools, supplies and personal protective equipment required in the performance of the specified work.* All other duties as assigned as a farmworker diversified crops.
3 months of row crop experience
Ability to lift 60 lbs.
Willing to commit to the entire contract period March 23, 2020 to November 6, 2020
Working 40 hours, 7 hours a day Monday - Friday and 5 hours on Saturday
No work will be performed at less than the AEWR of $15.83 AEWR
The payroll period shall besemi-monthly..
The employer will furnish, without charge, all tools, supplies and personal protective equipment required in the performance of the specified work.
Employer provided housing/kitchen facilities are available for employees who are unable to reasonably return to their place of residence the same day.
Transportation costs to the job site for domestic workers from outside the local commuting distance of the job site will be reimbursed by the employer after 50% of the contract period. In order to comply with the FLSA, the employer will advance any amount owed prior to the first paycheck. Workers who do not complete 50% of the contract will have the advance deducted from their final paycheck.
Transportation costs from the job site to the workers home will be provided to those domestic workers that complete the entire contract period.
Employer guarantees to offer employment for the hourly equivalent of 3/4 or 75% of the workdays of the work contract beginning with the first day of work.
Full employment description of employer benefits is available from the employer.
Employer will accept referrals until July16, 2020
HOW TO APPLY/REQUEST A REFERRAL
This employer has asked WorkSource to refer only fully qualified applicants for this job. If you would like to request a referral, please contact any WorkSource office for detailed instructions on how to apply.
WorkSource is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons with disabilities.
TTY (Washington Relay Service 1-800-833-6384)
Staff Special Instructions
Please follow the linkto the side by side checklist, Workers' rights trifold and a copy of the complete job order for inspection.