We're looking for people who care.
United Methodist Homes' Elizabeth Church Campus in Binghamton, NY is committed to serving our community by offering exceptional senior care options while simultaneously creating an employee-friendly environment. Successful United Methodist Homes employees all have one thing in common truly caring about the people we serve. With quality and compassionate care always top-of-mind, our environment offers supportive teamwork and opportunities
What will I do?
- Serve food and beverages in a variety of serving settings to our residents while complying with nutritional standards, government regulations and internal procedures.
- Prepares fluids using procedures to maintain quality
- Serves meals using procedures to maintain quality and sanitation
- Dishes food items to maintain quality of prepared foods and baked goods
- Puts stock away, which may require lifting, in a manner to prevent food spoilage
- Accurately records the meals served and monitors/records the temperatures of equipment and food
- Cleans assigned areas using proper procedures specific to the area being cleaned (dining room, dish room, kitchen)
- Washes dishes or cooking utensils following accepted standards of practice
- Provides proper storage to maintain quality of prepared food and baked goods
- Participates in menu planning
- Uses dietary equipment, once trained, to chop, blend, puree
What do I need for this role?
- Willingness to train
- Experience is food service is preferred
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to read
What makes United Methodist Homes unique?
- We are a faith-based nonprofit organization, committed to serving the community since 1958, and adhering to our mission of providing a wide range of senior living services with truly exceptional care and compassion.
- We have 2 locations in the Binghamton, NY-area as well as our PA locations in Pittston and Tunkhannock - all providing senior care options and opportunities for career growth!
- We recognize our success depends on committed staff members. We offer a comprehensive, affordable benefit program which includes spousal and family coverage:
- Competitive pay rates
- Incentive compensation programs
- Health insurance plan with Wellness program options
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 403B retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Forgiveness for RNs and LPNs
- Weekend bonus and shift differential payments.
- Employee referral incentive
United Methodist Homesis an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 580600171Posted: 2020-10-18