JOIN THE AMPLER TEAM TODAY! COMPETITIVE PAY AND FLEXIBLE HOURS! GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR A FAST-GROWING COMPANY WITH CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
BURGER KING GENERAL MANAGER
The Restaurant General Manager (RGM) has overall responsibility for managing daily operations of a single restaurant (10-45 employees) ensuring delivery on guest satisfaction, and ensuring desired restaurant outcomes (i.e., increased sales, profitability, and employee retention). The RGM leads the restaurant management team and oversees the financial controls, operations, people development, Guest Trac and BK compliance within the restaurant across all shifts. An GM should be able to work long and/or irregular shifts, including extra shifts, as needed, for proper functioning of the restaurant. This position is overseen by a District Manager (DM) and directly manages Team Members, Shift Coordinators and Assistant Managers. This position interacts with restaurant team members, restaurant management, DM’s, customers, members of the field operations team and outside vendors.
- Operate the restaurant in an efficient manner, always promoting friendly service and high-quality food.
- Maintain all areas of the restaurant clean, sanitized, organized and running smoothly and communicate any special need(s) to the District Manager.
- Exhibit a high degree of awareness in customer relations and satisfaction and promote the same to all team members.
- Recruit, interview and hire, or approve the hiring of all hourly team members.
- Responsible for all I-9 Form compliance with all employees hired.
- Properly train and/or ascertain that all personnel are properly trained.
- Monitor product inventory, ensuring all items are dated and planning proper stock rotation and maintaining constant control of the various storage facilities. Complete daily, weekly and period end inventory count and forms.
- Purchase and receive all items and check each invoice for accuracy.
- Process all administrative forms, invoices and necessary paperwork, and process as instructed by District Manager.
- Adhere to specific production standards and procedures to obtain both uniform product quality and food cost control.
- Responsible for weekly scheduling of all personnel and assigning employees to specific duties.
- Properly and effectively manage all labor costs.
- Full understanding of P&Ls to effectively run operations.
- In store marketing – i.e. scripting guidelines being followed; all promotional materials are properly displayed in a timely manner and in good condition.
- Public Relations – carry out any and all public relations assignment made by the company.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance program for all equipment, property and the premises.
- Maintain proper security and follow security policy guidelines in all areas of restaurant.
- Carry out all operational procedures as outlined in the Manual of Operations, Employee Handbook, and training manuals.
- Actively assist in planning, organizing, and participating in any required capacity towards the achievement of company goals.
- Ensure all employees follow the cash procedures as outlined in the Company’s cash policy.
- Maintain required computer and operating reports.
- Complete proper shift-change procedures.
- Be proficient on every team member position in a Burger King restaurant.
- Complete timely and accurate performance reviews on all employees according to Company guidelines.
- Responsible for following the Company’s policies when counseling, documenting or discharging employees.
- Maintain established speed of service standards.
- Ensure all employees comply with established uniform and personal appearance requirements.
- Forecast sales and product production and labor needs.
- Ensure employees comply with all policies and procedures of the Company.
- MAKE GUESTS FEEL SPECIAL!
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager, District Manager, or Officer/Director of the Company
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to organize and prioritize various duties and work under pressures of deadlines.
- Ability to resolve problem situations immediately.
- Ability to develop, execute and follow-up on action plans and management developmental plans.
- Ability to construct and work within a budget.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret general business reports.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to use a computer and calculator.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Ability to work 50 – 65 hours per week up to six days a week.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Has an automobile with the required insurance coverage available to drive for the Company
- Valid Driver’s License
- 1-2 years of restaurant management experience
- Complete all internal certification programs
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently bending, stooping and kneeling. This position is very active requiring occasional crawling and climbing. Ability to lift/move 50 pounds. Regular exposure to video terminal display. Travel in personal vehicle leading to exposure to all driving conditions and hazards. Frequent standing for long periods of time. Ability to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear and have the ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities of close vision, distance vision and adjust focus. Ability to frequently taste or smell. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level is usually loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.