Job Description: Customer Service Representative (Commercial)
Bladensburg, MD Position Summary:
As the Customer Service/Billing Representative
, you will be responsible for acting as a liaison between customers and companies for the commercial operations department. Assists with complaints, orders, errors, account questions, billing, cancellations, and other queries. In this role, you will also act as the company gatekeeper and compile various reports, with the focus being on customer satisfaction. Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage
- Dental plans with dental maintenance alternatives
- Vision coverage
- Health care and dependent care
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation
- Holidays and Personal Days
- Great team environment
- Career development opportunities with a growing company
- Customer Service:
- Respond to all customer inquiries
- Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mail, or social media.
- Effectively manage large amounts of incoming calls, greeting customers warmly while ascertaining reason for call.
- Answer questions about term of contract, containers and service dates.
- Identify and assess customers needs to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information using the right methods/tools.
- Prepare work orders for container shop and drivers
- Keep accurate records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents.
- Handle customer misses by working with supervisors to address issues and schedule collection.
- Prepare missed pick up report
- Add and remove customers from hot list weekly
- Route4Me (request ETA and report missed stops to drivers)
- Work with customer service supervisor to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
- Handle billing inquiries from the customers.
- Manage aged bills and inform customers regarding payments.
- Review invoices to identify any errors before invoice delivery.
- Maintain and update customers database; prepare customers bills and mail to customers.
- Take payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses and phone numbers.
- Process and monitor bill-related credit memos.
- Compile and maintain documents and records of all billings.
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly customer billings.
- Handle changes in policies and renewals.
- Other duties as assigned.
About Us: Bates Trucking and Trash Removal, Inc.
- Preferably bilingual
- High school degree required
- Proven customer support experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent team player
is one of the oldest and most prominent solid waste & recycling companies in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area, and we are proud of the opportunities we provide our drivers, mechanics, helpers and staff.
For more than 50 years, it's been our mission to protect the environment of our neighborhoods and businesses. In addition to providing safe, efficient trash and garbage disposal, we also offer a full complement of environmentally-friendly recycling services.
Bates Trucking Services is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please apply online below.
Salary: . Date posted: 07/08/2020