Vice President - Facilities Management in Bloomfield, CT at Duncaster LifeCare Retirement Community
Duncaster, a premier Life Plan Community located in Bloomfield, CT is currently seeking a Vice President - Facilities Management to join our senior leadership team. Duncaster was founded in Bloomfield, Connecticut in 1984 as the Hartford region's first Continuing Care Retirement Community. Its mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve through excellence in senior living, life enhancement activities, and person-centered care.
The Vice President, Facilities Management ensures operational excellence for the Facilities Operations and is responsible for overseeing the operations of all Facilities systems, infrastructure integrity, environmental services, grounds, transportation and security. The primary goal of the Vice President will be to ensure the safety of all residents and Duncaster employees.
The position will also coordinate and oversee project management for all construction, renovation and system updates, including expense and capital project management for facilities and landscaping operations. In addition this role is responsible for Duncaster's sustainability program including recycling and recovery programs as well as solar and other renewable energy programs, and is responsible for carrying out a comprehensive and long term building maintenance program. The Vice President will ensure that all federal, state and local codes are consistently followed to meet safety standards, i.e., BOCA CARF, NEC, OSHA, MOSHA, and NFPA.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of and demonstrated success in planning, promoting, procuring, directing, and coordinating building management operations and required support services for a large community. The incumbent should maximize operational efficiencies, as well as provide day to day leadership and management for facilities management operations.
- Requires a minimum of a high school education with ten years facilities management experience.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive responsibility and experience leading a large, multidisciplinary team of facility personnel.
- State of Connecticut S-1 and/or E-1 and a BOMA FMA designation desired.
- Demonstrated successful experience in overseeing regulated environmental and public safety operations.
- Extensive knowledge of, and demonstrated success in, implementing and overseeing facility management programs including HVAC systems, electrical systems, mechanical plumbing and building automation systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business management principles including strategic planning, resource allocation, talent management, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical/electrical engineering principles and practices required in the design, construction, and mechanical maintenance of a large facility.
- Knowledge of safety and security procedures and computerized energy management system design and operation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of blueprints and schematics and physical plant equipment,
- Comprehensive knowledge of budget management, including capital and expense projects.
- Knowledge and experience with the RFP and Bid processes.
- Ability to complete multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to direct the preventative maintenance and repairs to the facility
- Must be able to manage vendors and contractors on a daily basis.
- Must be able to track expenses and create monthly department reports.
- Must be able to serve on various Duncaster committees and must be able to contribute to the same.
Posting ID: 567176204Posted: 2020-08-08