Special Education Teacher - Pediatrics
Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion for Special Education to help make a difference in a child's life!
- Special Education Teacher position to start January 4th!
- Arlington Heights area of IL / 60004
- IN PERSON SERVICES
- LBS1 Required with an Endorsement for K-12
- Full Time / 7 hours per day / 35 hours per week
- Hours are Monday thru Friday
- 6th Grade Position (Case load for 6th grade position is 13 students)
- Common Disability Type (ED, BD, LD, etc.) - ED, OHI, and LD
- The position currently is responsible for teaching or co-teaching ELA, math, a resource class, and a homebase
- Regularly scheduled Special Education team meetings are required throughout the week.
- People skills are essential to work with different teaching styles and personalities.
- Responsible to teach the class and zoom concurrently throughout the day.
- Required to know or have an awareness of Schoology, Zoom, PowerSchool, Fastbridge along with the different curriculums taught in regular education (Big Ideas Math, Lucy Calkins,...) and special education (Direct Instruction-Read 180, supplemental materials...).
- Required to have open communication with the parents.
- Responsible for planning and facilitating daily assignments and grades, weekly goal documentation, and quarterly IEP updates along with quarterly academic grades, coordinating annual reviews and reevaluation as they are due, and all of the special education paperwork.
We value our Special Education Teachers and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child's life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education and more!
HealthPRO®/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled Special Education Teachers. We hire Special Education Teachers who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in Special Education that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented teacher who wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company.
The primary purpose of the Special Education Teacher is to plan for student success based on assessed needs of individual students in a school setting. The goal is to help students by using data and information to determine each student's current knowledge and skill level, set student learning goals, and assess student progress within an educational model of practice.
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Kerri Ann Kerley, Recruitment - Pediatric Division, School Team
- Consult and collaborate with School staff and families in regards to students' educational deficits
- Conduct initial screenings as well as comprehensive evaluations Participate in the IEP process in developing present levels of performance, goals and objectives, and treatment recommendations for students qualifying for Special Education services
- Provide Special Education sessions through the use of current best practices based on prescribed services in the IEP
- Maintain all documentation required by the district including, but not limited to, notes, monthly summaries, and annual IEP's
- Must hold a current license to practice in the state of IL
- Have successful experience working with culturally diverse families.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development
Posting ID: 589140524Posted: 2020-11-24