Innovation and leadership have been Presbyterian Homes' watchwords through its years of growth. PHS has created a continuum of care with 15 components, which allows residents to move from independent living to assisted living to short- or long-term care as necessary. True to its founding vision and modern-day mission, PHS has cultivated unique partnerships, and implemented innovative programs to meet the growing and changing needs of customers.
Presbyterian Homes - Optage Home & Community Based Service Division is seeking a Home Care Clinical Administrator. This full time position is a great opportunity for an experienced RN Licensed Clinical Leader to provide clinical leadership in our growing Home Care Program.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
The Home Care Clinical Administrator is responsible for:
- Create and maintain an environment that achieves high quality care (physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual) of clients and maintain their independence and dignity to the highest degree possible. Ensure that services provided promote quality of life or the quality of remaining life. Establish and maintain effective communication systems with all customers and respond promptly to client and family issues.
- Coordinate all care rendered to clients and families. Oversee the implementation of patient care processes: Selection, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care based upon regulations and established clinical best practices. Participate in client care delivery and processes as needed. Coordinate and participate in the interdisciplinary team meetings. Oversee and monitor the clinical components of the medical record for completeness and accuracy.
- Promote a spirit of cooperation with all regulatory organizations managing with an expectation of appropriate compliance and corrective measures. Coordinate clinical services with other health professionals inside and outside the organization. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with outside agencies and organizations to establish effective benchmarking opportunities and clinical best practices, market site services, to realize efficient and timely client placement, to participate with the various community constituencies to achieve mutually beneficial results.
- Develop and lead an effective clinical team that achieves desired outcomes at the individual team member level as well as at the collective function level. Create and maintain a work environment for employees that is conducive to high productivity and morale. Establish and maintain effective communication systems with employees. Provide ongoing employee educational and development opportunities which meet regulatory requirements and opportunities for growth.
- Establish and actively manage an effective performance management process (recruitment, selection, orientation, supervision, evaluation and termination) for direct staff members that achieves desired outcomes and encourages individual development. Ensure an effective performance management system is in place for all clinical staff.
- Participate in the development of clinical policies, procedures and practices that are consistent with regulations and established clinical best practices. Use the quality management process to meet the needs of clients, families and employees and overall clinical operations. Develop and maintain monitoring systems and processes for clinical care and records to ensure compliance with regulations and established clinical best practices. Apply the knowledge and skills needed to do the position including technical competence in the clinical field. Use discretion and independent judgment to compare and evaluate possible courses of action and decision-making. Maintain knowledge of organization and industry policies and practices.
- Develop, implement and maintain annual budget for clinical care. Manage resource allocations in order to achieve or exceed operational goals. Monitor client care costs, oversee the Medicare, managed care and other third-party payor programs and processes; Ensure optimal admission, service and payor mix to achieve operational goals. Provide adequate staffing model that meets client care needs and financial goals. Demonstrate good stewardship of available resources.
- Support the integration of Christian Culture in clinical operations; reinforce the Christian heritage and culture through communication and education systems.
- Registered nurse with current licensure with the State Board of Nursing in MN. BSN or Masters Degree preferred.
- Three to five (3 - 5) years of senior leadership experience in home care.
- Demonstrated competencies in Home Care management and operations, quality management, staff development, patient and family support systems, and community outreach.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in home care clinical practices.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and hospice software programs.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Rated #1 employer in Minnesota by Forbes!
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. Over 7,000 employees serve 27,000 older adults through 50 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. PHS is also co-owner of Genevive, a progressive model of primary care, care navigation and value-based services for over 5,300 older adults in Minnesota. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.