Job Description:International Logistics Specialist (Imports)
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating shipments/traffic flow of goods from anywhere in the world for importation primarily into the U.S., other countries, and domestically while fully supporting the Sales Team and Logistics Management. The Logistics Specialist will handle all aspects of the supply chain, including, but not limited to, ensuring accuracy of documents prior to submission, working with the clearing agent, and effectively fulfilling contractual purchase and sale terms in the most cost-effective manner. This position is also responsible for serving as a liaison with a variety of parties including suppliers of raw materials, steamship lines, clearing agents, all government agencies, inland transport companies, storage facilities, customers, cross functionally within Lamex and so forth by performing the duties listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Correspond with daily emails and phone conversations in order to cultivate supplier, vendor and customer relationships, while demonstrating strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize daily and long-term tasks by effectively evaluating the urgency of issues, financial consequences and importance of maintaining all external and internal business relationships.
- Provides weekly customer reports to assigned clients reflecting the most up to date information.
- Assists the Sales Team with new trades, potential trade lanes, current orders, researching past orders, negotiating rate quotes, or any type of support work he/she needs.
- Watches purchase shipment/sales shipment period closely. Provides continuous communication with Management and trader if a sale is at risk of delay, will exceed customer credit limit, or will incur unforeseen charges.
- Monitors and strives to work within budget set-forth and communicates extra cost to Management and Sales Team if needed. Raises claims to vendors to recover charges when warranted and follows through until resolved or escalates as required.
- Obtains copies of import documents for suppliers, proofs them to ensure accuracy for government compliancy requirements and contracted purchase value and terms, prior to forwarding to the designed customs broker.
- Coordinates payment to supplier.
- Raises proforma/commercial invoices and credits to customers as contracted.
- Tracks containers from time of departure at origin to arrival at destination port multiple times a week.
- Follows up with clearing agent and evaluates clearance data to ensure complaint entry with all government clearances CBP, CBSA, USDA, FDA, etc.
- Negotiates, maintains, and documents rates for trucking, ocean freight, warehouse handling and storage upon management direction.
- Participates in ongoing training sessions from Logistics Manager and Compliance Manager to stay up to date with current company protocol and regulations affecting daily operations.
- Reviews, approves, and codes vendor invoices daily as they are received. If inaccurate, places on hold and follows through until resolved or escalates as required.
- Ensures system is all up to date with accurate shipment information, entry information and internal notes, which documents the status and journey of the deal.
- Utilizes Lamex's stock system to ensure accurate inventory reporting and resolves any discrepancies between facility reporting and Lamex reports in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicates with Import Manager to answer inquires, handle requests, provide support, and address issues or concerns in daily workflow.
- Supports the Compliance Manager in any aspect of an audit, whether internal or official by answering questions and gathering information in a timely manner.
- 4-year college degree in International Business, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt, problem solve and prioritize.
- Readiness to work with all styles of management.
- Eagerness to learn.
APPLY ONLINE BELOW
- Comprehensive benefits package available including: Healthcare & Dental Insurance options, company paid life insurance, short term disability, and long-term disability insurance. Paid Vacation & Holidays, 401k with a 6% company match, Merit Increases, and other great perks.
Posting ID: 591795578Posted: 2020-12-08