General Managers are in charge of all aspects of the store that they work at. They are responsible for the efficient, profitable and safe operation of facility and successfully supervise, train and develop store employees in to order to consistently deliver unparalleled customer service experience. They control the image of the store by ensuring that company policies are upheld and through the staff that they hire and train. They are very customer focused, enthusiastic, goal oriented and have the ability to create a positive store culture. Ensuring a great customer experience with a positive attitude in a fast paced environment is the number one priority.
• Operate site within controllable expense guidelines and delivers targeted GP$/Labor$
• Operate within monthly shrink guidelines: product, fuel, and cash
• Daily paperwork submit in a timely manner, accurate, organized
• Record keeping: maintain accurate records for all store related operations in a safe and secure place as per company policy
• Ensure proper merchandise inventory levels to prevent out of stocks, meet customer demand, control shrink within company guidelines
• Completes fuel surveys during specified times and emails them accurately to Fuel Survey Group
• Make all fuel and merchandise price changes in a timely and accurate manner as per company policy
• Implement and execute all company programs and company policies: included is appearance and cleanliness of store, awareness of restricted sales including video gaming are followed, shift assignments, marketing and merchandising, receiving product from vendors correctly, executing store promotions, mystery shops scores above 92%.
• Ensures the training of Gaming Regulations are being implemented and followed by all and in full compliance of company, state, and federal law.
• Report all equipment and facility issues to ensure cost effective operational efficiency
• Proactively manages the recruiting process rather than from a reactive position when staffing need arises. Interviewing and utilize company interview and selection tools
• Consistently and effectively delegates to various team members in an effort to develop future leaders
• Responsible for ongoing training and development of team members including the development of Managers and future General Managers
• Responsible for creating a work environment that fosters and builds employee engagement resulting in high performance employees and a strong sense of team
• Effectively conducts effective monthly store meetings
• Maintains a fair consistent work culture that respects all team members
• Creates a schedule that allows time with all team members on all shifts
• Strives to become an "employer of choice" by creating a work environment where people want to work.
• Monthly coaching with clear direction; establish goals and objectives that include holding employees accountable with positive and negative consequences; provide employees insightful and helpful knowledge of their strengths and weaknesses so they can improve in those areas.
• Provide on on-going coaching to store employees to ensure high levels of productivity and performance.
• Identify employees that consistently perform and show employee recognition and appreciation
• Identify low performers and terminate when coaching does not improve performance-refrain from keeping low performers to avoid hiring.
• Willing to adapt to change and help out in areas outside of normal job description if within normal company guidelines.
• Honest, enthusiastic, and friendly
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 2 years retail management preferred
• Excellent loss prevention and security practices
• Excellent communication skills
• Possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation to and from work, bank, and fuel surveys
• Able to read and follow directions
• Self- motivated and able to complete tasks without constant direction
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to trouble shoot basic accounting problems, understand inventory control, and item level auditing
• Proven effective leadership skills including training and development of subordinate staff
• Basic math and computer skills including excel
• Ability to multi-task both with team and individually
• Ability to work different locations and be on call if necessary 24 hours a day
• Ability to understand and communicate (orally and in writing) in English
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must be able to bend frequently
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time (10-12 hour shifts).
• Frequently required to lift 25 pounds to chest or above.
• Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
• Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions
• Must be able to work in a cooler with a temp of 32 degrees
• Must be able to balance on a step stool or ladder
Posting ID: 58788143Posted: 2020-02-19