Our organization is looking for a compassionate and caring State Tested Nursing Assistant who is interested in making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. The Nursing Assistant will be responsible for offering quality of life services, as well as assisting with developing and administering activities for our residents. The ideal candidate for this position is a compassionate professional with a strong sense of discretion and previous experience working in a long-term care facility.
Responsibilities include but not limit too:
· Assist residents with performing basic tasks such as eating, dressing and toileting when necessary
· Respond immediately to calls from patients for assistance or treatment and alert medical staff to pending emergency situations
· Encourage all residents to get exercise and participate in scheduled activities
· Engage in housekeeping tasks such as replacing linens on beds, cleaning patient rooms and removing and replacing trash bags
· Work with dining room personnel to ensure that all residents get the correct meals and that all residents are able to eat