Here in the Bacon Capital of the World, Hugoson Pork of Granada, MN is looking for a Full-Time Human Resources Manager. The Human Resource Manager is responsible for the day to day administration of policies and programs. The ideal candidate will plan, organize, and direct a variety of complex administrative, technical, and professional work of the human resources functions of Hugoson Pork Inc. The Manager will provide leadership to the Company in designing systems and developing policies for organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction. This team member will work with the leadership team to create an environment of personal and professional accountability and stewardship. The HR Manager performs duties with professional expertise in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, recruitment, employment, new hire orientation, benefits administration, payroll functions, farm safety implementation, and performance management.
Principal responsibilities of the Human Resources Manager include:
Human Resources Administration and Office Management
- Administer and maintain confidentially all payroll functions
- Set up employees with benefits program and process employment paperwork.
- Maintains and submits all information related to worker's compensation benefits.
- Work with brokers and third-party providers to administer benefits and payroll processing.
- Performs miscellaneous office duties as needed and/or directed.
- An understanding of production data and analytics systems including data entry of production records as needed and/pr directed.
- Organizing and planning all employee-related meetings and events.
- Provide regular ongoing administrative support for upper management through creating correspondence and reports, organizing and maintaining employee files, arranging meetings, and completion of miscellaneous projects and programs as assigned.
- Display a willingness to pitch in and help out in any and all areas as the need arises.
Human Resources Management and Employee Development
- Manage and supervise the human resource department to achieve goals within available resources.
- Develop and execute hiring protocols, practices, and provide appropriate documentation for orientation, training, and handbooks
- Develop and oversee an on-boarding and orientation program for new employees.
- Develop and continuously update job descriptions for all positions.
- Plan and organize workloads and team member assignments.
- Train, motivate, and evaluate assigned staff.
- Develop and implement safety and OSHA training programs.
- Oversee and implement reporting and compliance Federal, State, and OSHA compliance programs.
- Communicate policies and procedures to all Hugoson team members.
- Organize and coordinate all annual reviews.
- Administer employee benefits.
- Maintains and communicates benefit correspondence to all new hires and current employees.
- Directs and completes new hire orientation.
- Assumes responsibility to look for ways to contribute to the company as a whole, and to suggest and implement improvements to processes.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
Organization Leadership and Development
- Providing professional advice to Company officials on human resource and staff development issues.
- Providing leadership and direction in the development of short and long-range plans. Gathers, interprets and prepares data for studies, reports, and recommendations.
- Developing and monitoring adherence to all standard operating procedures and training regimens.
- Developing and implementing all farm safety rules and regulations.
- Communicating regularly with upper management.
- Continually seeking ways to improve workflow and processes.
- Serve as Company’s representative to regional human resources groups.
- Following all applicable biosecurity measures and protocols of Hugoson Pork without exception, and is a driving force to ensure all other employees are up to date and follow them to the letter as well.
- Performing all other activities and responsibilities as defined by supervisor or farm owners.
- Regular, consistent attendance is essential to the function of this position.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in human resources, business, communications, or another related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience that enables the candidate to meet the essential job functions.
- Three or more years of progressively responsible, related experience in a position of comparable scope and size, including hands-on experience in at least two human resources disciplines (compensation, benefits, staffing, payroll, safety, etc.), as well as supervisory experience.
- Individual must possess knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within human resources, must display a professional image through verbal communication and actions.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a discreet and confidential manner is required.
Licenses and Certifications
Professional Human Resources or Senior Professional Human Resources certification preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Considerable knowledge of current trends and practices in human resources administration, knowledge of employee classification, compensation, and benefits, recruitment, selection, training, and labor relations.
- Considerable knowledge of managerial principles, techniques, and practices.
- Ability to articulate and promote the HPI’s strategic positions, including its core values, to a diverse audience.
- Skill in researching complex issues and developing recommended actions.
- Ability to plan and organize the work of others; ability to delegate; ability to manage project/activity deadlines of self and others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees.
- Ability to provide leadership, counsel, motivation, and constructive performance reviews to appropriate team members, securing their on-going commitment to the HPI’s goals.
- Skill in preparing and administering budgets; skill in planning, directing, and administering human resources and managerial principles, techniques, and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of personal computer use, smartphone technology, and other web-based applications support the essential functions of the position.
- Considerable knowledge of personal computer use, with emphasis on word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to prepare and analyze comprehensive reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must work with a flexible schedule and demonstrate effective time management.
Benefits & Rewards of this Role
This position provides a rewarding team atmosphere where hard-working and effective leaders have the opportunity to advance the success of the organization and its employees. Positions offer competitive wages, benefits packages, and regular performance and salary evaluations. The Human Resource Manager enjoys the satisfaction and challenge of training and developing employees, ensuring the success of Hugoson Pork and leading employees to achieve ambitious personal and professional goals.
Preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position. This list is not all-inclusive as additional duties may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hugoson Pork, Inc., (HPI) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws. HPI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR