Cooperative Producers, Inc. (CPI) is a diverse company with employment opportunities that cover a wide variety of fields. We are always looking for qualified, passionate candidates that can help make our cooperative more successful! CPI is looking for an Office Clerk to join our team. We value our employees and are committed to their professional development, engagement, and success. We recruit and retain the best people to continually deliver value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the safety guidelines and safety programs established by CPI and complete safety reports and required records.
- Greet customers, answer telephone, convey messages, run errands, and make occasional deliveries of location products.
- Responsible for preparing correspondence, receipts, contracts, billing documents, inventory support, and customer information.
- Responsible for scale operation, grain sampling/grading, and understanding of USDA grain grades and standards.
- Properly weigh and grade grain deliveries.
- Ensure that scale and testing equipment remains in tolerance and within regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for following daily method of operations, month-end, and year-end policies and procedures.
- Responsible for invoicing customers account according to daily policies and procedures.
- Responsible for preparing daily bank deposit in accordance with CPI policies. This includes checking daily receipts against actual cash, entering deposits correctly, and delivering deposit to designated bank depository or Corporate Office by scheduled deadline.
- Responsible for the handling of mail. Stamps, sorts, and distributes mail. Prepares items for courier service.
- Receive customer orders and relay those orders for distribution.
- Inform Location Manager of operational, customer, vendor, or employee issues that may arise.
- Perform all assigned housekeeping duties inside and outside location, keeping location clean and orderly.
Required Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to lift up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
- This job operates in a professional office environment
- Maintain positive, professional relationships across the organization and work collaboratively with peers
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a focus on customer service
- Working knowledge of business computer skills (Microsoft Office, Accounting, Database and Internet software)
- Exhibit exceptional customer relation skills
- Works well independently or in a team environment
- Strong business acumen abilities: time management, planning, organization, and decision-making skills
- Efficient problem-solving skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to pass required background and drug test
What’s in it for you?
Cooperative Producers, Inc. offers all the valuable benefits you’d expect from a top employer, as well as some you might not expect. We developed our employee benefits with one key objective: to serve the needs of our employees and their families. CPI offers a competitive benefit package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, paid time off, holidays, Coop Retirement Plan (defined benefit), 401(k), Employee Local Savings Plan, major sick leave, industry training and development, Employee Referral Program, and Employee Assistance Program.
CPI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CPI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR