Are you ready to join one of the strongest, fastest-growing rehabilitation service teams in the country? In business for over 50 years as Heartland Rehabilitation Services, H2 Health is a new company poised to establish itself as one of the most trusted and reliable outpatient rehabilitation service providers in America.
H2 Health is looking for a Full-Time Business Development Specialist to develop and maintain physician therapy referrals. A focus on daily referral source management, communication with assigned therapy clinics and CRM management to drive patient care services to our outpatient facilities is key. The ideal candidate will have a healthcare or marketing background, a great understanding of physical, occupational and speech therapy and an outgoing personality. Our sales team will maintain at least 90% of work time on face-to face basis. Completing sales calls to physicians, hospital and medical professionals, community, managed care and other related contacts. Key Orthopedic, General Practice, Podiatry, Neurology, and Internal Medicine relationships in the assigned territory are a plus.
Territory: Greater Roanoke Valley / New River Valley, Virginia
Education: Bachelors' degree preferred. Considerable experience in a comparable position will be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience: 3-5 years of sales experience in health care services, products or pharmaceuticals.
Details about this great opportunity:
- Meets weekly with Administrators or department heads to discuss marketing issues.
- Assist clinic marketing team to identify niche opportunities, market diversification and market share strategies. ·
- Evaluates center physical environment and discuss with Administrator.
- Maintains an educated understanding of all payer sources and their impact on revenue.
- Marketing to Gainesville, Lake City, Live Oak, Chiefland, Perry, Palatka and surrounding territory, as well as ability to assist Director of Physician Sales in planning and other sales responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain Social Media responsibilities with H2 Health Team Nationally.
- Outreach sports, community and industry business development opportunities.
- Key Orthopedic, General Practice, Podiatry, Neurology, and Internal Medicine relationships a plus.
- Additional health, therapy or sales and marketing degree is a benefit for this position.
- Must be able to develop and grow business network, build physician and healthcare relationships to drive new patient referrals, speak and market to community groups on PT related health services and the ability to coordinate orthopedic and balance related screenings a plus.
In return for your expertise, you will enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
Benefits: Our comprehensive benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, 401k and additional incentive compensation program.
H2 Health is always accepting applications from highly motivated health professionals looking to make a difference in their communities by providing premier health and rehabilitation services. Full-time, part-time or PRN candidates, and referrals of your colleagues are always welcome!
Job Type: Full-time
Responsible to build and grow census and quality mix by developing referral relationships with existing customers and developing new business through account management systems.
Essential Job Functions
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
- Knows and respects patient rights
- Ensures protected health information is kept confidential
- Reports complaints made by patients to supervisor
- Reports allegations of patient abuse, neglect and/or misappropriation of patient property
Safety and Sanitation
- Follows standard precautions and infection control procedures.
- Reports all accidents and incidents observed.
- Identifies and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Assures safety needs of the patients are addressed and met.
- Attends in-service training and meetings as requested.
- Assists with orientation of new employees as requested.
Business Development Specialist Responsibilities
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the facility's products and services, acuity capabilities and physician relations
- Invests a minimum of 90% of work time on face-to-face referral development completing sales calls to physicians, hospital and medical professionals, community, managed care and other related contacts. Typically completing an average of 20-30 sales calls weekly generating center tours, presentations and increasing business
- Meets weekly with Business Unit Leaders, PCCs or department heads to discuss marketing issues
- Assist facility marketing team to identify niche opportunities, market diversification and market share strategies
- Evaluates facility's physical environment and discuss with Business Unit Leader and/or Area Rehabilitation Manager/RDO.
- Maintains an educated understanding of payer sources and their impact on revenue
- Makes IMPACT sales calls to hospital social workers, physicians, hospital discharge planners and administrators, clergy, attorneys, civic/professional organizations, home health agencies, families, etc. to understand the need for program services and to communicate services offered which meet these needs to obtain referrals of patients with the goal of developing new business
- Incorporates IMPACT sales model in sales interactions with the goal to develop new referral sources.
- Develops relationships with a growing base of referral sources, leading to a consistent flow of quality referrals to the center
- Maintains an efficient referral tracking system, using it to identify inquiry trends, customer needs and an effective sales plan
- Actively seeks out and identifies new referral sources
- Utilizes a prioritized A-B-C account management system to strategize, plan and execute an effective sales program resulting in successful leads
- Maintains a current target list of potential new referral sources
- Effectively networks with current and past customers to solicit referrals
- Develops and can present trending sales reports indicating effectiveness of the sales plan, needs for change and forecasting
- Utilizes a clear and effective forecasting tool
- Maintains an active involvement in the community organizations and associations
- Total Revenue is at/above budget
- Quality Mix (Private, Medicare, Insurance) at/above budget
- Total occupancy at/above budget
- Quality and/or quantity of inquiries improve
- Sales calls met/exceeded goal
- Quality review is at/above budget
- Achieves increase in referral sources
- Effectively uses Sales development systems and tools to manage referral source
- Effectively uses data systems to manage referral source sales
- Maintains up-to-date referral call record or maintenance log
- Maintains up-to-date customer profiles on existing referral sources
- Conducts lead generating seminars which target potential quality inquiries
- Schedules and leads effective presentations
- Captures and follows up with AD on seminar leads
- Effectively uses resources to build relationships resulting gin gaining prospective customers and gaining commitment to admission
- Effectively uses telephone as a selling tool
- Effectively uses collateral material
- Effectively presents benefits based on understanding customer's situation and needs
- Uses appropriate empathy in interaction with customers
- Effectively uses Outcomes data as a selling tool
- Effectively sells products and services to meet our customer's needs
- Coordinates marketing efforts with specialty product managers to guarantee a successful team approach to developing census
- Coordinates sales process with specialty managers
- Coordinates external sales process with managers
- Meets regularly with the specialty managers to discuss sales, inquiries, census and marketing plans
- Cooperates effectively with sales partner in achieving facility objectives (if applicable)
- Works with the center team to plan and manage available resources to meet center objectives:
- Effectively coordinates facility marketing committee
- Complete an annual Marketing Action Plan and updates it quarterly
- Executes the plan within the marketing budget
- Market Planning and Analysis
- Maintains a working knowledge of local market trend and competition
- Complete Environmental Analysis at least semi-annually in conjunction with AD
- Updates competitor pricing as needed
- Demonstrates awareness and communicates key competitive changes (e.g., new products, beds, prices)
- Effectively supports center referral development team and any other marketing teams
- Executes plan within budget
- Proactively identifies cluster opportunities
- Effectively implements and supports cluster market events
Customer Satisfaction Responsibilities
- Models customer service principals throughout the center and promotes appreciation of our customers' needs with every employee
- Knows, understands and models the H2 Health mission and service principals
- Communicates customer objectives and expectations to center department heads and team
- Role models superior customer service
- Establishes realistic expectations for service levels with referral sources and market contacts
- Works with H2 Health Marketing team in developing center brochures, advertisements, and media campaigns;
- Plans, coordinates and reviews special center events such as VIP open houses, where the community is invited to attend in conjunction with H2 Health facility team
- Follows H2 Health Policies and Procedures manual
- Performs any miscellaneous work assignments as may be required
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information
- Thinks and acts calmly and logically to meet unusual occurrences of the job
- Manages time efficiently and effectively.
- Creates a positive image between co-workers.
- Promotes positive inter-agency communication.
- Instills confidence in staff members and build self-esteem through acceptance and recognition of employees.
- Provides role modeling of team work, accountability and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates and encourages appropriate problem-solving methods.
- Bachelors' degree preferred. Considerable experience in a comparable position will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 3-5 years of sales experience, preferred in health care services, products or pharmaceuticals.
- Work is of a home office environment. Extended periods of sitting, driving, standing or walking may be necessary.
- 90% local travel engaging in outside sales calls, including periodic overnight travel, as needed or as directed by Supervisor
- Primarily outside sales in local market areas.
- Works closely with Clinical Directors, PCs, Area Rehabilitation Managers and/or RDOs.
Must be able to execute the terms and conditions set forth in the H2 Health Employee Handbook, including, but not limited to:
- Works in a safety-conscious manner, which ensures that safe work practices are used in order not to pose a risk to self or others in the workplace. Reports any safety violations or hazards to supervisor
- Complies with company policies and procedures and local, state, and federal regulations
- Adheres to H2H policy for a Drug-Free Workplace
- Interacts in a tactful, diplomatic, and humanistic manner with patients, families, visitors, and co-workers to provide a safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective caring environment which ensures the self-respect, personal dignity, rights and physical safety of each patient and facility guest
- Maintains a dependable attendance record and adheres to standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene, and dress code.
- Takes positive action to ensure equal opportunity in the conduct of all business activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, age, national origin, disability, citizenship, veteran status or any other legally protected category.
- Maintains a valid drivers' license and ability to travel in the community for sales and marketing activities