328 Killian Rd., Columbia, SC 29203
Automotive Service Technician / Mechanic
Great Income Potential!
Walk-in Applicants are Welcome!
Jim Hudson Lexus, Columbia has a beautiful facility and we are the Lexus “Brand Champions” as well as #1 in the nation in customer satisfaction. Dealer of the year nationally for how we treat both our employees and customers.
Jim Hudson Lexus, Columbia is taking applications now for an energetic, enthusiastic employee for our busy Service Department. Previous technician experience is a MUST! Excellent Work Environment and Career Opportunity!
What we offer:
- Great income potential!
- Tool relocation assistance available
- Paid Vacation
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Professional Working Environment
- Career advancement
Responsibilities - Service Technician:
- Perform multi-point inspection and diagnose malfunction(s)
- Efficiently repair automotive systems, including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air-conditioning, etc., in accordance with dealership standards
- Explain mechanical diagnoses/required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Provide an estimate of the time needed for repairs
- Test-drive vehicles before and after repairs
- Test components and systems using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Learn new technical information and techniques in training sessions
- Adhere to company regulations and keep abreast of recalls and updates.
- Report any damaged or defective equipment to management.
- Report safety issues to management and ensure a clean working area.
Qualifications/Requirements - Service Technician:
- Service Technician experience is required
- Lexus and/or Toyota Certification is preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume setting
- ASE Certification is a MUST
- Mechanical/troubleshooting skills and the ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Excellent customer service skills and basic computer competency
- Good work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Must work well as part of a team
- High level of motivation and ability to learn new repair/service procedures
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- High school diploma or GED
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
- Resume must be uploaded, and online assessment completed for immediate consideration.
- Applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Posting ID: 571526658Posted: 2020-09-04