As the Food Service Partnership Manager, you will be leading the evaluation and sourcing of potential 3rd party partnerships with restaurants, ghost kitchens, cloud kitchens and national chains for our fresh Ready to Heat (RTH), Ready to Cook (RTC) and Ready to Eat (RTE), Meals program. This work will include product partnerships, Franchise opportunities, and lease and licensing opportunities to achieve category growth plans for meals, evolve our instore experience, improve our culinary credibility, increase share of stomach, evolve our online/DUG/delivery capabilities, and improve overall department profitability.
· Continuously drives new product and program partnership development for the overall meals program, from ideation through full operational commercialization.
· Build business cases, with the customer first, for restaurant products, and partnerships that will enhance the customer shopping experience.
· Collaborate with product development in RTH, RTE, RTC to understand and enhance the strategy for each category.
· Working with the GVP, Deli and Prepared foods, prioritize and test prototypes of possible partnerships that bring accretive, profitable sales.
· Ability to work in both product development and production environments and create processes that translates between the two to create operational efficiency.
· Work with all cross functional teams including corp development, Digital/Ecomm, own brands, national deli team, product development and operations to deliver programs that exceed customer expectations.
· Cultivate relationships with key suppliers, restaurants, and investors, to be able to produce the most cutting-edge partnerships and products possible.
· Act as the primary technical and culinary expert for internal and external customers.
· Responsible for developing an overall assortment strategy that will improve our financial returns.
· Stay close to and monitor trends in the food industry across multiple channels and report out key findings to drive innovation.
· Bachelor's Degree and Culinary education is required (Associates Degree) culinary accreditation is desired.
· Has 3 years of product and program development for retail/restaurant or food driven company.
· Has experience with Ghost Kitchens/cloud kitchen development
· 3-4 years of previous food development/R & D test kitchen experience
· Strong data collection, communication and problem-solving skills required
· Experience in all types of foods, cuisines, sauces, and dressings
· Agile problem-solving skills and the ability to collaborate effectively · Strong Culinary Work Experience and Product Development experience Required · An understanding of consumer behavior in relation to product performance. · Possess working knowledge of procurement procedures, economics, marketing, mathematics, and accounting principles. Possess ability to analyze and interpret data from computer reports and respond with the appropriate remedy. · Ability to plan for the long term; experience in successfully monitoring performance and strong client management skills. · Must be able to adapt to competitor and/or market shifts; must be able to learn and adapt quickly to changes.
· Must have a sound fundamental understanding of sales forecasting and planning at the corporate level. · Experience managing, mentoring and developing teams and building a talent bench · Ability to deal well with ambiguity, complexity, change and pace ... and run with it · Authentic leadership, integrity, humility, curiosity and love of grocery retail · Entrepreneurial drive and mindset. · Strong attention to detail. · Superior leadership abilities, analytical, verbal, written, consulting, negotiation, and interpersonal skills. · Strong organizational skills and nimble multi-tasker with the ability to track and project manage multiple projects across the organization. · A strategic thinker with the ability to instill confidence in clients and across internal team · Excellent financial and strategic analysis and modeling skills. · Strong organizational skills with the ability to track and project manage multiple projects across the organization. · Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex solutions and findings to all levels of an organization. · Proven experience in managing others including the ability to provide direction, understand resource constraints and capabilities and successfully drive results working with direct reports, and/or internal or external resources. · Team player able to lead cross functional teams at all levels in a fast-paced grocery environment. · Positively motivates others to accomplish goals, provides honest feedback in a constructive way · Self-motivated, assumes personal accountability for results and performance. · Technical proficiency in Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
The following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position:**
Seldom: 1-2 hours, Occasional: 3-4 hours, Frequent: 5-6 hours, Continuous: 7+ hours (Based on an 8 hour work day.)
· Squat/Kneel: Seldom
· Bend/Stoop: Seldom
· Lift/Carry: Seldom
· Push/Pull: Seldom
· Twist/Turn: Seldom
· Grip/Grasp: Occasional
· Reach: Seldom
· Stand/Walk: Seldom
Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and employees may be assigned duties and responsibilities in addition to those listed above.
** The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.