The Deli Operational Execution Manager partners with the Corporate Deli Merchandising Team to strategically manage implementation of the meals and run great deli projects to help create the store of the future, specific to Deli. This position will help Albertsons build on and elevate our already strong performance.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Team member for the Meals and Run Great Stores Projects
* Supports and implements the Meals and Run Great Deli initiatives
* Creates business plans based on detailed analysis of previous results and market trends.
* Work with the Proof of Concept (POC) stores to test and coordinate initiatives and project plans.
* Work with Divisions to determine Lighthouse stores and the Division roll-out of the Meals and Run Great Stores initiatives.
* Provides expert knowledge through instruction, coaching and development, to enable stores to achieve company, division, district, and store objectives related to Run Great Stores Deli.
* Pro-actively stays in touch with new trends and practices.
* Coordinates and communicates between all Divisions and corporate merchandising.
* Acts as primary contact within merchandising for all divisions.
* Visits stores as necessary to observe results of Meals and Run Great Stores.
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Deli Sales manager or Assistant Sales Manager or Deli OPS experience for one year or more.
* Bachelor's degree preferred. Relevant work experience required.
* Strong Experience with the Deli corporate guidelines, regarding quality, variety, and general appearance of products.
* Must have Deli supervisory or consulting experience.
* An understanding of consumer behavior in relation to product performance.
* Possess working knowledge of procurement procedures, economics, marketing, mathematics, and accounting principles. Possess ability to analyze and interpret data from computer reports and respond with the appropriate remedy.
* Ability to plan for the long term; experience in successfully monitoring performance and strong client management skills.
* Must be able to adapt to competitor and/or market shifts; must be able to learn and adapt quickly to changes.
* Must have a sound fundamental understanding of sales forecasting and planning at the corporate level.
* Experience managing, mentoring and developing teams and building a talent bench
* Ability to deal well with ambiguity, complexity, change and pace ... and run with it
* Authentic leadership, integrity, humility, curiosity and love of grocery retail
* Strong attention to detail.
* Superior leadership abilities, analytical, verbal, written, consulting, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong organizational skills and nimble multi-tasker with the ability to track and project manage multiple projects across the organization.
* Excellent financial and strategic analysis and modeling skills.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to track and project manage multiple projects across the organization.
* Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex solutions and findings to all levels of an organization.
* Proven experience in managing others including the ability to provide direction, understand resource constraints and capabilities and successfully drive results working with direct reports, and/or internal or external resources.
* Team player able to lead cross functional teams at all levels in a fast-paced grocery environment.
* Positively motivates others to accomplish goals, provides honest feedback in a constructive way
* Self-motivated, assumes personal accountability for results and performance.
* Technical proficiency in Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
The following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position:**
Seldom: 1-2 hours, Occasional: 3-4 hours, Frequent: 5-6 hours, Continuous: 7+ hours (Based on an 8 hour work day.)
* Squat/Kneel: Seldom
* Bend/Stoop: Seldom
* Lift/Carry: Seldom
* Push/Pull: Seldom
* Twist/Turn: Seldom
* Grip/Grasp: Occasional
* Reach: Seldom
* Stand/Walk: Seldom
Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and employees may be assigned duties and responsibilities in addition to those listed above.
** The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Posting ID: 584817475Posted: 2020-11-05