Lead the Retail revolution at Albertsons with bold strategic thinking, impactful growth initiatives, and best-in-class execution to become the #1 Grocer and the Modern Retailer of choice for our customers
The Strategy Team Role
* In close consultation with CEO, SLT and BOD, and working with SVP Corporate Strategy, develop and drive Albertsons long-range strategy, to achieve top-tier shareholder returns
o Build Albertsons go-forward strategy and drive disciplined prioritization, resource allocation, decision making and execution to "make it real"
o Explore new growth opportunities, and bring strategic focus and accountability to transform Albertsons business with pace, to deliver consistent, sustainable results
* Oversee Annual Planning and Quarterly Business review processes with divisions / functions to ensure strong alignment with and traction against corporate strategy
* Serve as internal consulting and thought partnership resource for divisions / corporate functions on key priorities / projects, and as a pipeline for organizational talent
The Way Strategy Team Will Work
* Build credibility, trust and partnership across Albertsons teams (functional / operating) to bring our strategy to life ... be a catalyst, influencer and enabler of enterprise change
* Balance "Big Ideas" that create long-term competitive advantage, with focused execution on core growth and cost initiatives to deliver our short-mid term financial commitments
* Help develop strategic capabilities / disciplined fact-based mindset across organization
* Nurture culture of intellectual honesty, and promote enterprise wide collaboration
* Humility, Integrity, Curiosity, Courage and Service mindset
What It Will Take
* Business Acumen
The ideal candidate brings deep / broad understanding of omnichannel retail customer / industry landscape and quickly grasps key business drivers ("how / where we make money"). S/he can see hidden business value / opportunity and can leverage or unlock it by persuading others with facts and insights.
* Setting Strategy & Executing for Results
The successful individual thrives in both strategic and tactical worlds, helping to build a strategic "moat" around Albertsons, while driving flawless execution. This individual builds growth strategies based on deep insights, but with strong bias for action. Additionally, this individual is comfortable articulating the Albertsons strategic value proposition, vision and mission both internally and externally. Finally, the successful candidate will possess and leverage world class analytical class skills to build strategies.
* Leadership & Presence
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to build and manage high performing teams and provide appropriate leadership, structure, coaching training and development. S/he will also have worked in matrixed environments, requiring cross-functional and cross-divisional credibility building. Finally, s/he should be comfortable presenting / communicating to a wide range of audiences in both formal and informal settings.
* Building Relationships & Influencing
This person will have a track record of building and sustaining strong relationships across all functions, divisions and levels in an organization to ensure seamless integration and flawless execution of business plans. The successful candidate will show ability to both learn from colleagues and add value to their thinking. Finally, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to be quickly recognized as a key partner and someone who can communicate and sell ideas internally.
What You Will Do
* Provide thought partnership to Senior Leadership / business partners, and lead project teams on strategy engagements that identify and seek to harness growth / cost opportunities
* Monitor and analyze internal / external landscape, including customer, market, vendor, category and financial data, to build strategies and recommend appropriate action ... serve as "one source of Truth"
* Collaborate cross-functionally and effectively influence to drive business decisions and advance long-term transformation efforts
* Assist business partners in identifying, evaluating and completing acquisitions and alliances
* Build "Executive ready" project deliverables, including presentations for SLT and BOD
* Lead project teams comprised of analysts and managers; conduct and oversee analyses
* Prioritize resources, set overall team direction, and build strategic thinking muscle across organization as member of Corporate Strategy leadership team
* Bachelors in analytical discipline (e.g. Business, Engineering, Economics, or Science), MBA from top tier program strongly preferred
* 7-9 years of work experience in strategy or other relevant roles ... Top tier consulting firm and corporate experience (CPG, Retail or EComm/B2C) preferred
* Demonstrated success working closely with senior executive leadership, and communication skills that can educate / influence across the organization
* Strategic / analytical mindset with an ability to think broadly, refine questions, and develop analytical frameworks ... courageous, decisive and motivated thought leader
* Experience managing, mentoring and developing teams and building a talent bench
* Ability to deal well with ambiguity, complexity, change and pace ... and run with it
* Authentic leadership, integrity, humility, curiosity and love of grocery retail