Albertsons Companies is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,294 stores, 23 distribution facilities and 20 manufacturing plants with over 275,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Strategic Sourcing Department has an opening for a Director Strategic Sourcing, Packaging; this position is in Boise, Idaho.
- Direct and oversee sourcing approaches/solutions for assigned verticals/categories
- Lead the development and planning of category strategy, planning, maturity, opportunity assessments and supplier relationship management
- Act as ambassador for strategic sourcing throughout the enterprise, with a focus on assigned vertical/categories
- Ensure delivery of financial and organizational goals for assigned vertical/categories
- Partner with senior business leaders to identify areas of opportunity
- Identify and engage key stakeholders for collaboration to achieve KPIs and goals
- Track performance of team goals/ KPIs
- Evaluate, implement and report on risk mitigation strategies
- Provide status/team updates to leadership
- Ensure accurate savings tracking
- Ensure development of multi-year savings pipeline
- Champion the development of project charters and project kickoffs
- Steward/foster the culture of strategic sourcing
- Recruit, develop and retain talent
- Direct and support change management activities
- Other duties as needed
- B.A./B.S. degree in Business or another related field preferred
- 8-10 years experience in sourcing, finance, financial reporting/analysis or accounting preferred
- 5-8 years strategic sourcing and procurement experiences with commodities, packaging, ingredients and contract manufacturing with a retail or food manufacturing company
- 2-3 years managing strategic sourcing professionals and strong people management skills
- Expert knowledge in formal strategic sourcing process and methodologies
- Expert in contract language and the application of contract terms
- Skilled in managing executive relationships of multi-million dollar spends and cost savings initiatives
- History of driving significant cost savings initiatives.
- Expert in formal strategic sourcing process and methodologies.
- Superior business development, presentation, communication, change management and persuasion skills
- Exceptional meeting management and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Strong program skills in MS Office
- Strong initiative, creative problem-solving ability and sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work independently, with minimal guidance, and create solutions that are in alignment with the culture and strategies of the department and company
- Strong organizational skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, quality assurance and follow through
- Strong customer support and ability to work with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of food manufacturing processes, capabilities and environment a plus.
- Knowledge of eSourcing tools preferred
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before hire.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posting ID: 593506689Posted: 2020-12-17