Embark on a Career in Health & Human Services as a Direct Support Professional!
No Experience Required! Training and CPR Certification Provided!
PAID TRAINING / **Competitive rate starting at $10.50 -$12.50 DOE**
We also have Daily Pay available here! Work today, and you can access your hard-earned cash from anywhere, anytime! A great benefit without waiting until payday!
Shift/s: Full-time & Part-time available
- Morning: 7am-3pm
- PM/Swing: 3pm-11pm
- Graveyard: 11pm-7am
- On Call
Aspire Human Services, a member of the Embassy Family of Companies is hiring compassionate Direct Support Professionals ("DSP"), Entry Level Caregivers to assist individuals with mild to severe developmental disabilities at one of our Boise, Nampa, or Caldwell homes.
As a DSP you have the unique and incredible opportunity to enrich the daily lives of individuals in the comfort of a supported home environment. It's not an Institution, it's not a hospital, and it's not a retirement home. Aspire Human Services Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF) are in real homes designed to meet the specific needs of the individuals we support.
- Within the supported home environment assist individuals in learning basic living skills such as: communication, social, behavioral, personal care, home management, meal-planning, shopping, & health maintenance
- Monitor health needs, including medications, special diets, outstanding needs, and respond effectively to emergencies and illnesses
- Accompany individuals on community activities, provide informal training in appropriate social behaviors via exhibiting mature behavior and appropriate decision making abilities
- Support individuals’ participation in cultural, recreational, and educational activities both at home and in the community
- Ensure Service Plan (ISP, treatment plan), is followed in accordance with individual’s preferred activities and goals in collaboration with family members, service professionals and agencies.
- Ensure individuals are free from abuse, mistreatment and/or neglect and that living environment is safe and sanitary
- 18+ years of age with High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s license, clean driving record, proof of insurance desired
- Ability to satisfy a background check
- Read, write and speak English proficiently enough to follow a plan of care
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of unbalanced weight with/without reasonable accommodations
- Willingness to work a flexible, non-traditional schedule
- Experience with Positive Behavioral Support & Management desired but not required
Benefits & Pay
- Weekend Shift Differential
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Benefits (medical, dental, vision, long/short-term disability insurance, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Holiday pay
- Tuition Assistance
Company provides First Aid and CPR certification and other required education
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb/balance, stoop, kneel or crouch
- Often required to sit for long periods of time, use hands and fingers to handle
- Frequently required to talk and hear. Quiet to moderate noise level in work environment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to lift and/or transfer a minimum of 50 pounds
Aspire Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
** Premium pay offered in certain homes for candidates with high behavior experience**
Keywords: Caregiver, CNA, Medical Assistant, Life Coach, Direct Care, Home Care, Residential Care, Developmental Disabilities, Social Care, Customer Service, Retail, Healthcare, Entry Level, DSP, Flexible Hours