Under general supervision: plans, directs and performs receptionist duties including answering phones, scheduling appointments, assisting patients and providing exceptional customer service to patients, family members, and guests.
Additional Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Answer a multi-line phone system, route calls appropriately, receive and convey messages electronically, verbally and in writing.
· Assist patients and their families: open doors, supply wheelchairs, drinks/snacks, etc.
· Schedule New Patient/ Hospital Follow-up appointments.
· Maintain an assigned physician/mid-level provider’s schedule: Scheduling/reschedule appointments and monitoring the schedule daily for cancellations.
· Complete Pre-Admit and Same-Day hospital admissions
· Collect co-pays/ patient payments and post in EMR, balance daily.
· Contribute to the maintenance and cleanliness of the office.
· Assist other departments as needed and as time allows, based on individual training and supervisor instruction.
· May be required to work in both the Macon and Warner Robins offices.
· Responsible for assisting with the orientation and training of new front office personnel.
· Schedule appointments per physician orders per voucher or as requested via electronic orders in the EMR: this includes appointments for office visits, chemotherapy, laboratory, imaging studies, special procedures, hospital admissions, etc. Advise patients of any preparation/instructions necessary for scheduled procedures/admissions.
· Fax orders and other required documents to physician’s offices/ facilities when necessary.