As a Shift Manager you will be responsible for assisting the execution of daily operations activities. The following provides an overview of the basic responsibilities of a Shift Manager; however, with each certification you will be qualified and expected to provide additional leadership in one or more additional areas (Open/Close, Kitchen and/or Customer Service). You may be responsible for overall restaurant effectiveness. As needed, you may be assigned other managerial and supervisory responsibilities, including performing as the Ops Leader. See certification position descriptions below. To be successful in this position, the key competencies are: Acceptance of Feedback, Initiative, Customer Orientation, Drive, Team Skills, Leveling, Listening Skills, Wendy’s Business Operations, Problem Solving/Decision Making, and Organizing and Planning.
1. Education: High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
2. Must be at least 18 years of age (Required)
3. One or more years of restaurant experience (Preferred)
4. 6 months or more of restaurant, retail, customer service focused, or equivalent experience (Preferred)
5. Ability to multitask while maintaining composure and giving sound advice and direction. Must be able to take direction, give direction, work well in a team environment and have a strong customer orientation focus. Must exhibit professionalism, composure, and discretion when expediting or resolving all customer related concerns and issues. (Required)
6. Ability to work, concentrate and perform duties accurately in a fast paced environment that may involve noise and hot/cold temperatures or other elements. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time. Position requires the use of a headset. Frequent lifting and carrying (up to 25-50 pounds, as necessary), reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling and
stooping is involved. (Required)
7. Must be available to report for work promptly and regularly, as well as work all day parts and days of the week. May be required to transfer from one location to another and must have the ability to travel to other restaurants, Area office, etc., as business needs dictate. (Required)
8. Must have or be willing to obtain ServSafe certification by end of training (Required)
Shift Manager Position Overview:
In this role, one of your responsibilities could be to supervise, coordinate and delegate opening and closing responsibilities and procedures. Your team will count on you to ensure compliance in the areas of timely open and closes, cleanliness, food safety, as well as line prep set-up. You will be a leader in creating a productive, clean, safety conscious, and friendly work environment. You will partner with other Restaurant Management to identify specific opportunities for optimizing efficiencies and maximizing the profitability of the restaurant.
You may also be responsible for ensuring we are upholding our commitment to Quality. In this role, you directly impact the ability of the restaurant to “Delight Every Customer” by ensuring compliance in the areas of service, production, quality, and food safety. You are instrumental in the restaurant’s ability to deliver our core menu of high quality items, along with our limited time (LTO) menu options. You will mentor and train team members as you continue your path of personal and professional development.
As a Shift Manager, you will have additional responsibility is to create a service culture designed to “Delight Every Customer.” You will inspire the entire restaurant team to drive a customer-centered service culture to build customer loyalty. You’ll lead the planning process for daily operations, to guarantee every shift is set up to deliver the best customer service. You’ll be the expert on executing great huddles in our restaurants, which is the Wendy’s way of regularly communicating with our restaurant teams on what’s most important to our customers and how we can exceed their expectations. You will partner with other Restaurant Management to identify specific opportunities for optimizing efficiencies and maximizing the profitability of the restaurant
We offer some of the best benefits in the business including: