With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus.CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operatesCSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Senior Counsel is responsible for providing comprehensive legal support for the manufacturing and related site-based functions of CSL Behring's Kankakee facility, as well as for the North American manufacturing operations and activities of a global biopharmaceutical business.
- Provide informed, actionable and comprehensive legal support and strategic counsel for the manufacturing and related site-based functions of CSL Behring's Kankakee facility, as well as for the North American manufacturing operations of CSL Behring, including:
- Interact directly with members of the Kankakee Leadership Team (KLT) and all levels of Operations' management at the Kankakee facility, and advise management on a broad range of legal issues related to the manufacturing operations and related activities of a global specialty pharmaceutical business.
- Team with Quality personnel (including Quality Control, Quality Assurance and site Regulatory personnel) and advise on cGMP and regulatory matters as needed and appropriate.
- Work closely with Strategic Sourcing and Project Management Office management in connection with construction planned for the Kankakee site, infrastructure improvements and on-going repair and maintenance activities.
- Review, draft and negotiate supply agreements for all Kankakee sourcing-related activities, various real estate agreements (including design and engineering, and construction/construction management), marketing and communication agreements, and various other agreements.
- As requested, review internal and external Kankakee communications.
- Establish close rapport with, and provide proactive legal advice to, site General Manager and all members of the KLT.
- Provide counsel to EHS management and support management's efforts to maintain a safety culture.
- As requested or assigned, provide support to and/or manage activities related to company investigations and commercial litigation relating to the Kankakee facility;
- Partner with the Business Integrity and Risk Management Departments to help ensure business processes and activities comply with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies, and work to maintain open and effective avenues of communication among Legal, Business Integrity and Risk, and the business.
- As requested or assigned, work with Global Legal Operations Group to create or modify agreements with vendors across the global manufacturing sites and otherwise coordinate legal advice on a global basis when appropriate, and provide contract review and related legal support for relevant global end-to-end operations team activities and transactions.
- Keep current on relevant legislative issues, statutes, decisions and ordinances.
- Advise management on legal, regulatory, healthcare and compliance issues, working with external experts as needed.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuits.
- Develop and deliver training on legal matters as required or requested.
- As needed, provide legal advice and support in connection with non-routine special projects, such as business development activities and other strategic business transactions involving CSL Behring and its affiliates.
- As requested or assigned, work with Lead Counsel, Global Employment Law, concerning Kankakee human resources matters.
- Coordinate work with outside counsel as appropriate or assigned.
- Establish and build good working relationships with internal clients based on mutual trust and respect and knowledge of the company's business and its needs and goals.
- Bachelor's degree and Juris Doctor degree. Superior academic credentials strongly preferred
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois (Illinois House Counsel license acceptable
- Minimum of 7 years applicable legal experience required, preferably including at least 5 years supporting a manufacturing operation within the pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry, either as in-house or external counsel.
- Strong commercial drafting and negotiating background, with emphasis on supply agreements and various real estate agreements.
- Proven communication and stakeholder influencing skills, business acumen and judgment. Working knowledge of FDA's cGMP regulations or similar manufacturing regulations. Experience in some or all of the following areas: real estate, contracts, general litigation or litigation management, supply chain management, government investigations, government affairs, quality, regulatory affairs.
Worker Sub Type:
Posting ID: 584133085Posted: 2020-12-03