The IT Engineer III will support
MoneyGram's customers, stakeholders, partners, staff and overall business
strategy through the servicing and management of its technological resources.
The incumbent will participate in project and provide support on multiple
versions of Oracle from 10g, 11g, 12c, and19c.
The incumbent will partner with
our key infrastructure and support teams and assist with code deployments,
performance monitoring and troubleshooting, upgrade and migration strategies,
and maintaining a highly available and performant environment.
- Provide support to developers by deploying code and
schema level changes to environments from QA through Production and
following standards with associated documentation and processes and
aligned to business requirements.
- Participating in vendor management,
creating/maintaining documentation, and helping to create standards and
- Develops and reports metrics and KPIs as appropriate
for database environments.
- Gathers requirements from end-users and other key
stakeholders to ensure that existing and new technology solutions are in
alignment with business needs and Enterprise Architecture defined
- Partners with Enterprise Architects to determine future
needs; participate in planning sessions with Technology Lifecycle Managers
to determine how to meet future requirements.
- Utilizes best practice for how products should be
prepared before they are released to production.
- Within this process, Engineers are accountable for
working on defining installation, configuration, and provision processes
and standards, as well as types of instrumentation required to administer,
monitor performance, and troubleshoot problems all with stability in mind.
- Assist with maintenance and patching of vendor supplied
systems as needed
- Partners with Application Development teams on common
projects and goals. This may include, but not limited to: deployment and
management of appropriate components through the SDM lifecycle,
optimization for specific platforms and physical configurations,
performance tuning, cloning, and oversight of deployment into each
- Assist with analyzing data related to supported systems
(including critical events) and make recommendations.
- Provides on-call support and participate in rotation as
needed and performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree preferred, or a combination of relevant
education/experience and related professional designations/certifications in
this field is highly desirable.
- 5-7 years IT Operations and/or Engineering experience
with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Required hands on experience with:
- Oracle OEM/Cloud Control
- Oracle RDBMS 10g, 11g, 12.1 and above
- Oracle E-Business Suite Oracle Financials
R12, including WebLogic
- Exceptional experience with Oracle recovery scenarios,
RMAN, Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Performance and tuning, and MOS problem
- Knowledge with SQL scripting, Linux OS, BASH/awk
scripting, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Advanced Security
- Additional experience that would be beneficial:
- OUAF (oracle utilities application framework)
- Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB)
- MS SQL SERVER
- Cloud Migration strategy and deployment
- Database management on cloud platform
- Excellent problem-solving skills and broad
understanding of relationships between hardware and applications, and
- In-depth understanding of the criticality of existing
environments when leading/managing projects, software and/or hardware as
it relates to the business needs, customers, partners and staff.
- Knowledge of the inputs and outputs associated with the
data, software and/or hardware technology.
- In depth knowledge of the technology this position
represents, including all aspects/activities required to maintain system
stability and optimal performance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Availability to participate in on-call support rotation
and in high-severity incident situations.
Posting ID: 562249067Posted: 2020-07-06