POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:· High School diploma or GED required & Minimum of one year related work experience· Proficient in Microsoft Outlook & type 20 wpm· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.· Ability to communicate in visual, audio and/or written form.· Ability to make standard precaution decisions. SCHEDULE:· Part Time: 25-29 hours per week· Shift is either Sunday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 10:30pm or Monday -Friday 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/REQUIREMENTS:
- Accepts assigned housekeeping area.
- Performs adequate and thorough disinfecting and sanitizing procedures of all horizontal surfaces.
- Meets Infection Control standards.
- Removes/prevents build up on the floors and around the perimeters.
- Dust mops and wet mops floors adequately.
- Removes biohazard and general garbage from rooms/areas according to policy.
- Cleans visible soiling from cabinet fronts and walls when necessary.
- Cleans visible soiling from furniture when necessary.
- Refills toilet paper, paper towel dispensers and soap dispensers as needed.
- Performs adequate bathroom cleaning and sanitation requirements.
- Requisitions supplies for housekeeping closet when appropriate.
- Notifies maintenance of necessary repairs verbally or by repair requisition.
- Recognizes and reports unsafe condition.
- Performs glass and mirror cleaning.
- Performs unit discharge cleaning appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Removes visible debris from carpeted areas when necessary.
- Responds appropriately and in a timely manner to housekeeping pages and/or requests.
- Reports project needs of floor care by housekeeping requisition.
- Addresses patients, visitors and co-workers in a pleasant and respectful manner.
- Receives and places confidential information with courtesy, accuracy and respect at all times.
- Maintains communication with supervisor for area and/or departmental needs or concerns.
- Cleans and disinfects all door handles, light switches and telephones.
- Dispenses ice melt agent on sidewalks during wintertime condition.
- React properly and follow correct policy and procedure in an emergency and/or disaster.
- Maintains cart and closet area in a clean and tidy manner.
- Follows proper hand washing techniques at appropriate times.
- Uses personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Follows proper glove removal and disposal as necessary.
- Follows established room-cleaning guidelines for all areas.
- Follows established work flow chart for area(s) assigned.
- Removes fall prevention rugs to hall from rooms for floor care.
- Removes fall prevention rugs to hall for vacuuming.
- Replaces fall prevention rugs to exact location it was removed from.
- Mechanical equipment operations, cleaning and safety inspections.
- Places wet floor signs in hall/room entries before wetting floor.
- Promptly removes wet floor signs when floor is dry (does not allow wet floor sign to remain after floor is dry)
- Stores wet floor signs in designated location in each area for following shift to locate easily.
- Leaves housekeeping cart stocked, cleaned and in orderly fashion for following shift.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as situations require to maintain Infection Control standards set by the Hospital.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for sidewalk safety such as sweeping.
- Responsible for proper furniture placement.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Posting ID: 574658105Posted: 2020-09-26