LCL Import/ Export Customer Service Coordinator
Shipco Transport Inc.,
a leading international cargo transportation company, has an immediate opening at our Boston
branch located in Boston, MA for an experienced LCL Import/ Export Customer Service Coordinator.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers, agents with all shipping inquiries including quoting, arranging a new shipment, scheduling pickup and delivery.
- Communicate with customers and other stakeholders to ensure shipments are moved smoothly.
- Resolve the shipping issues to satisfy customer s need but still protect Shipco s interest.
- Work with warehouse and other Shipco offices to reconcile shipping discrepancy.
- Handle warehouse tasks as needed including weekly inventory checking.
- Communicate with carriers, truckers, and customers.
- Check and approve invoices from vendors.
- Make payment to carriers to ensure cargo is released in good time manner.
- Close file at month end and report profit to office manager.
- Assist on developing product.
- Other duties as assigned by office manager.
- We are looking for a candidate who is dynamic, highly motivated, reliable and who understands and appreciates the importance of a team effort.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience with LCL ocean export consolidations and operations is required, preferably from a NVOCC background. Candidate with VOCC or freight forwarder experience may also apply.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in all aspects LCL ocean export cargo receiving, container load plan and stowage, equipment procurement, verification of marks, numbers, piece counts, destinations, hazardous information and freight discrepancies.
- Candidate must be equally knowledgeable with customer service and documentation requirements including bills of lading, dock receipts and manifests.
- Strong data entry required.
- Candidate with hazardous certification is preferred.
- Candidate must be proficient in cargo utilization and loading, with an aptitude for cost analysis.
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be detailed oriented and enjoy a fast paced, multi-tasking, customer service minded environment.
We offer a positive and friendly atmosphere with opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer medical, dental, life, vision, short term and long term disability insurance. We also offer a flexible benefits plan, an optional wellness program and a matching 401(k) plan.
Please submit your resume by Applying Online Below!
Posting ID: 606962029Posted: 2021-02-16