SUMMARY: This position is responsible for maintaining a uniformed presence at various posts both inside & outside MCCA facilities. As directed, patrols assigned to ensure all employees, visitors, contractors in MCCA facilities are authorized, while providing a safe environment. Will respond to inquiries made by visitors, contractors, and employees. Knowledgeable about each post staffed by Public Safety at all MCCA facilities. Responds to facility emergencies; provides assistance to other Public Safety Department personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The Authority’s Public Safety Supervisor may designate various other activities.
- Maintains an alert, positive, welcoming, and approachable demeanor.
- Perform all duties in a professional, productive manner with the aim of delivering a superior level of customer service to ensure a successful event and experience for the client, visitors, and attendees.
- Responds to questions and requests from visitors, other MCCA departments, clients and subcontractors, and provides appropriate information/directions in a patient, efficient and courteous manner.
- Greets and assists visitors and clients entering the facility.
- Attends Roll Calls on a daily basis, taking notes when required, reading all department directives, informational flyers, etc.
- As assigned by a supervisor, conducts patrols of MCCA facilities or staffs assigned post.
- Is knowledgeable about each Public Safety post and all Public Safety operating procedures.
- Is knowledgeable about each facility’s emergency operating procedures.
- Assists with event security as required or directed by Public Safety Supervisors and Managers.
- Provides a Public Safety presence and acts as a visible deterrent to crime and / or MCCA rules violations.
- Responds to emergencies as necessary or as directed, rendering aid and assistance as required and in accordance with MCCA Public Safety policies and procedures.
- Comes to the aid of fellow officers and / or the public and offers assistance when circumstances warrant.
- Maintains assigned equipment (radios, uniforms, etc.), reporting lost or damaged equipment to assigned supervisor.
- Detects suspicious activities and watches for criminal acts or rule infractions which may be a threat to occupants of the facility, clients, employees and / or the facility itself; takes action to immediately correct and / or immediately report suspicious activity and potential threats as required by the Public Safety Department.
- Report all incidents, accidents, and / or medical emergencies immediately to Public Safety Supervisor or designee.
- As directed, responds to alarm activations, including security, duress, fire and intrusion alarms.
- May be required to possess, carry, and / or use equipment containing Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) and / or Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE: A high school diploma or GED required. Must have customer service or hospitality experience. Must be energetic, well-organized, a team player, and can relate to people at all levels of an organization, possesses excellent communication skills and committed to the MCCA’s mission of delivering superior customer service.WORK SCHEDULE: The work schedule of this position is a non-traditional schedule and will fluctuate based on event activity. The position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including late nights, early mornings, long days, weekends, and holidays and requires employees to be available to work a minimum of thirty-two (32) hours per month, sixteen (16) hours of which to be fulfilled during weekend hours.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Candidates who have received a conditional offer of employment must satisfactorily pass a pre- employment screening for controlled substances and alcohol, criminal records review, back ground and reference check, and pre-employment physical. Employees will be subject to random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident controlled substances and alcohol testing and to periodic review of criminal records as determined by MCCA.
Posting ID: 56174989Posted: 2020-07-14