The role of the Warehouse Specialist is to provide a support service to Tufts hospital including shipping, receiving, put-away activities, and driving vehicles. This position plays an important role in support of the health care system's supply chain processes to ensure, timely, efficient supply delivery and inventory management.
- Maintains collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working group’s achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Verifies and maintains records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Compares product information and counts, weights or measures of both incoming and outgoing items against Purchase Orders, Bills of Lading or other records.
- Thoroughly examines incoming shipments, rejects/documents any damages or shortages and notifies Buyer or Manager.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Ensures that all Warehouse areas and storage locations are clean and clear.
- Documents all activities in department database to assist in work flow efficiency.
- Conducts inventory of stocked and stored items that is area specific.
- Follows DOT regulations and safety standards.
- Interacts with incoming and outgoing delivery personnel, both internal and external, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Receives, distributes packages to areas of need ensuring proper handling.
- Routinely uses hand tools and motorized equipment, such as forklifts, to move materials to and from storage areas, loading docks and delivery vehicles.
- Processes inbound and outbound shipments, loading or unloading pallets, pulling and preparing orders and maintaining and organizing shipping, receiving and storage areas.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- Be able to read, write and verbally communicate in English
- Be able to walk throughout the hospital
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a height of 5 feet
- Ability to stand for a long period of time, stooping and bending at the waist
- Strong customer service background
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to operate a phone
- Strong computer skills
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to pass a criminal background check
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must have forklift experience
- Valid Driver's License and DOT Medical Card required
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Commuter benefits
- Childcare benefits
- Discount programs
- Short-term disability
- Accident insurance
- Life insurance
See all available shifts and apply at https://careers-vpne.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=esd
Posting ID: 571044055Posted: 2020-10-20