Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD)
Operations - Machine Operator B
This is a second shift position. Work shift is 2:30pm - 11:00pm
PMF (Precision Metal Fabrication) Operations has a need for a machine operator. This position requires the candidate to run a variety of CNC machining equipment in a production/job shop environment.
This individual will be responsible for setting up and operating both CNC machining centers and manual machines. In addition they must be able to perform deburring and inspection duties. Must be able to work with limited supervision and support. Looking for a self-starter and a person with attention to detail.
Required Education and Experience:
- Works to verbal, written and computer instructions
- Selects tooling, fixturing, machine feeds and speeds, and methods, including calculating dimensions, to accommodate machining operations and processes.
- Utilizes precision measuring equipment to machine and inspect parts and assemblies
- Deburrs parts utilizing all available methods
- Marks, identifies parts as required
- Simultaneously operates multiple pieces of equipment/processes
- Advances or retrieves product, material and tooling for self and others
- Performs all duties contained in the Machine Operator C classification as directed
- Performs general maintenance and housekeeping of workplace, tools and equipment
- Maintains records, moves materials and follows safety rules in performance of duties
- Performs other similar duties as required or directed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years trades training in machine shop tooling, fixturing and operations is required
- Minimum of 2 years working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing ( GD&T)
This position will be covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Wage and work place conditions, including shift times, are subject to this agreement. Individuals hired into this position will be represented by a union.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with CNC Machining Centers in a production environment
- Strong Blueprint comprehension and a working knowledge of GD&T & Inspection techniques
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to set-up and maintain cutting tools
- Must be a Quality conscience individual who takes accountability for his/her work product
- Experience with Mazatrol, Fanuc, Yasnak & HAAS Machine Controls
- Familiarity with the operation of Coordinate Measuring Machines
- Ability to operate multiple machining centers
- Experience installing various type of hardware, including heli-coils
- Able to obtain a DoD security clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 573462003Posted: 2020-09-14