Servers are responsible for selling and serving food and beverages to guests in an efficient, professional & friendly manner in accordance with Store standards. Servers must embody a "customer first" mentality while upholding all Company tenets and practice the principles of Q.S.C.C. Reports to Management.
CORE SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
* Innate understanding of how all operational decisions may impact the ability to put the guest experience first.
* Anticipates guest's needs.
* A discerning eye for detail.
* Sixth sense attuned to non-verbal language and cues.
* Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
* Grace under pressure; is able to quickly and diplomatically diffuse tense situations with guests and Team Members.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Accurate arithmetic skills and an overall strong math aptitude.
* Team oriented outlook.
* Provides fast and friendly service to guests and interacts with other Team Members while maintaining a professional demeanor.
* Serves alcohol responsibly within State, Local and Store level laws and guidelines.
* Maintains full knowledge of all food and beverage offerings, ingredients, out of stock items, possible modifications and in the moment changes.
* Consistently completes all assigned opening/closing side work.
* Works in a clean in an organized manner keeping assigned stations and service areas maintained during shifts.
* Has working knowledge of the Point of Sale (POS) system and accurately enters all food and beverage orders.
* Assists other Team Members as needed, both with and without the direction of Management.
* Maintains positive and effective communication with Team Members and Managers regarding all relevant information, special considerations and/or concerns pertaining to our guests.
* Re-stocks items and supplies as needed and alerts Management of shortages.
* Accurately and promptly prepares and tenders guests' payments.
* Prepares all Cash Out paperwork accurately and submit to the Manager on Duty for verification at the end of each shift.
* Communicates health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to the Management.
* Attends all informational meetings.
* Performs all other related duties as assigned.
General food service environment in which you may remain standing on your feet for six or more hours and may also be required to stoop, kneel, reach, lift and /or carry during the course of the work shift. This may require you to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. during the course of the work shift.
Knowledge of Burgers and Dogs.
Describing beverage offerings both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
Obtaining and recognizing proper identification for purchase of alcoholic beverages.
Serving wines, beers and pitchers.
Properly taking orders and entering into the computer.
Ensuring correct information such as temperature, modifiers and upcharges.
Setting the pace of and directing the flow of service.
This requires a special sensitivity not only to the guest's timing needs - but also to the kitchen's.
Insuring that orders from different tables are taken in a staggered manner and then entered into the kitchen immediately. Do not put multiple orders in the kitchen at the same time.
Handling all payment methods.
The cleanliness of the restaurant and constant maintenance throughout the evening is everyone's responsibility. Always check the floor, wait station, etc, for debris and do not pass it by if you notice.
Shared Opening and Closing Sidework with other Tasty Burger FOH Staff
Always bring kit of pens, note pad, wine opener.
Posting ID: 45049926Posted: 2020-07-14