The Store Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of the operation of a convenience store to ensure a clean, pleasant, and friendly place to shop for the customer and a safe place for the employees and customers. They set the example thru the effective execution of the established leadership expectations and management of the operations of the store to make Jacksons the place to shop for our customers. A Store Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining outstanding GUEST service, oversees and is accountable for the operation of a store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control, and managing operating costs and shrinkage.
Must be 21 or older
- Understand and promote leadership and development opportunities for their Store personnel.
- Provide exceptional GUEST service. Being courteous, always greeting and thanking all customers.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises store personnel, evaluates their performance, and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions including separation of employment.
- Be knowledgeable of, follows, interprets, and enforces company policy and procedures with employees.
- Ensures proper sanitation and food handling/prep/storage/disposal procedures are followed.
- Maintain cleanliness of building, islands, and pumps.
- Maintain interior/exterior cleanliness and supply stock of carwash, where applicable.
- Restock shelving, displays, and coolers as needed; transferring of product keeping store out of stocks to a minimum.
- Clean fast food area, equipment, and stock as needed Pick up/empty trash and clean store and parking lot as needed.
- Suggest possible purchases to the customer and promote store specials.
- Generates weekly work schedules and directs the store workforce and approves the hours of work for Payroll. Ensures that no one works off the clock and that any overtime worked is authorized and paid. Ensures banking hours are recorded and paid accurately.
- Monitors all financial transactions for the store on a daily basis. Identifies reasons for cash or inventory shortages. Immediately reports any unexplained or excessive cash or inventory losses to the DM.
- Understands and executes the smart safe required procedures or in the absence of a smart safe, makes daily bank deposits at the end of their shift of work, except on the weekend when the Assistant Manager or other authorized person is doing the deposit.
- Make safe drops as per company policies.
- Ensures that weekly product orders are prepared and submitted on time. Reconciles order deliveries against the orders submitted.
- Ensures that all weekly financial reports, including payroll, are completed and submitted to Corporate on time.
- Handle customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Must be available to respond to emergencies at any time.
- Utilizes and provides appropriate training to their team on the IT Support system to report various items of concern and maintenance needs.
- Effectively manages foodservice and beverage programs to ensure maximization of sales and minimizing loss.
- Participate in monthly manager meetings.
- Execute effective monthly store meetings.
- Must be available to work any shift and holidays.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal and State regulations, including postings.
- Reviews surveillance video periodically and to investigate specific incidents.
- Must be safety/security conscious, adhere to the guidelines in the Safety Manual, and respond to any accidents or incidents immediately that occur on the premises. Investigate and gather all pertinent information regarding customer and employee incidents/accidents.
- Report to work promptly, neatly groomed, and in uniform.
- Enter all sales in the register at the time of sale.
- Keep work area neat, clean, and organized.
- Operate cash register and other store equipment.
- Prepare cashier checkout and report accurately and according to policy.
- Fueling customer cars, checking engine fluids, and washing customer windows as needed. (Required in Oregon; as needed in other areas for handicapped customers)
- Other duties as assigned.
High school education or equivalent experience. Food handler card required. Must be of legal age to sell alcohol. Must have 3 months Assistant Manager or equivalent experience and completion of prescribed company training programs. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Strong attention to detail. Being self-motivated and having strong attention to detail are essential traits.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, and twist; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Environmental conditions include heat, cold, allergen, noise, and fume/chemical/odor exposure from gasoline and cleaning chemicals.
Posting ID: 566668384Posted: 2021-01-01