At Golden Acorn Casino & Travel Center, we strive to create a culture that values and respects diversity and inclusion. Our welcoming work environment encourages partners to engage with one another and make Golden Acorn Casino & Travel Center a place they look forward to working each day.
Golden Acorn Casino & Travel Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one's employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination. EEO is the Law.
Have a Question?
If you have a question or are having troubling submitting an application, fill out the form below and we will contact you. Thank you from the Golden Acorn Casino Team!
SALARY GRADE: REPORTS TO: General Manager
Responsible for the successful overall direction, administration and coordination of all activities of the Accounting, Cage, Credit, Financial Analysis, and Labor Analysis, of the Finance Department, in accordance with the Mission and Objectives of the Company, as well as established policies, procedures and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Hire, retain, motivate, evaluate and direct general and administrative staff under scope of oversight, ensuring team members receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
- Review activities in the general and administrative areas, in order to gauge and improve staffing levels, working conditions and other matters which influence quality guest service and profitability.
- Creates, develops and implements an effective strategy of financial organization for the property, working with the General Manager, to determine objectives for future growth and expansion.
- Ensures the quality of management operations in all areas of the Finance Department.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by the department.
- Monitors all activities on property, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, the Federal and State Tax Commissions, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout.
- Maintains a working knowledge of GAAP standards, and ensures the timely completion of financial reports and statements, in accordance with same.
- Establishes and implements production standards and goals, as well as departmental policies and procedures, which will enable the Finance Department to function more effectively and efficiently.
- Reviews daily financial reports to certify accuracy.
- Coordinates and prepares detailed monthly financial reports as well as the annual Business Plan (forecasted budget) for the following year.
- Maintains good working relationships with the Gaming Commission, the Federal and State Tax Commissions; monitors and makes final decisions contracts.
- Organizes all financial analysis on property with regard to Capital Expenditures, Casino Revenue, Labor Control, and Budget Forecasting.
- Reviews departmental reports, addressing potential conflicts and/or misinformation.
- Ensures a maximum level of company-wide service and satisfaction, in the financial aspect of the business, is achieved and maintained.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with the Finance Team.
- Held accountable, to the highest degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Operations Committee, and attends weekly meetings, giving informative status reports on the Finance Department as a whole.
- Plans growth opportunities for those Employees who display the necessary skills, motivation and attitude to progress within the company; provides for the fair and equitable treatment of all Finance Employees.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
Directly supervises the activities of the Financial Management employees, and indirectly supervises the activities of all divisions of the Finance Department.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, customers and outside contacts.
- Work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress)
- Able to execute all properly authorized purchase orders in a timely manner
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- . Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from an accredited college or university or a Master's Degree, CPA or CMA designation;
- Seven (7) years of experience in an accounting, finance or related field including a minimum of two (2) years in a Controller, Director or equivalent capacity within a casino or resort accounting/finance department is preferred;
- Strong organizational, planning, leadership and analytical skills;
- Prior experience in working closely with Cage and Compliance operations;
- Must have Title 31 experience;
- Proficient in the knowledge, application and interpretation of GAAP;
- Computer literate including the knowledge of the creation and use of spreadsheets, documents and presentations;
- Proficient in the application of accounting software widely utilized in the gaming and hospitality industry;
- Proficient in the knowledge of the following systems: Marketing, F&B, Purchasing
- Thorough knowledge of general business practices, strategic planning, and organizational development;
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or Boards of Directors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The Employee is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Employee is regularly exposed to risk of radiation (from computers), as a great deal of the workday is spent working on spreadsheets or inputting data into the computer system.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.