- Competitive hourly pay - Start pay between $18.70 -$21.44/hour.
- Top out on 1-year anniversary
- $.50/hour shift differential
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits start Day 1
- Two weeks' vacation
- Third week of vacation on anniversary hire date
- Fourth week of vacation on 5-year anniversary date
- Annual Bonus Program
- Company match 401k
- 11-paid holidays
- Free premium pet food
- Uniforms, safety footwear and PPE provided
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On the Job training
- Climate Controlled, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
Champion Petfoods is looking for team players! We are hiring Production Operators to join our rapidly growing company in Auburn, KY. With thirty years of growth in the global pet food sector, our ORIJEN and ACANA brands define our vision of becoming the Global Leader in Advancing Premium Food for Pets. If you are passionate about personal and professional growth and see yourself as a key player contributing to our continued success by working in our award-winning company - we would love to hear from you.Summary
We have Production Operator positions in several different departments. These positions are off-shift: Monday-Thursday, 3:00 PM - 1:30 AM OR Monday-Thursday, 5:00 PM - 3:30 AM.
These positions require demonstrated mechanical and technical skills necessary to operate the equipment safely and efficiently. These positions play a critical role in continuous improvement through identifying both equipment and procedural changes. Responsibilities
- Confer with the Supervisor and/or Team Leader to determine scheduled production runs and associated mixing or packaging requirements.
- Perform daily inventory of all dry and fresh ingredients and accurate recording of levels.
- Unloading of trucks including proper receiving and inventory transactions.
- Operate heavy machinery including grinding equipment for fresh meats and ingredients, and/or automated and manual packaging equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Develop and maintain successful professional working relationships, including good communication practices with relevant production department staff.
- Participate in annual physical inventory as determined by the Company.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area according to established corporate policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Perform other work assignments, as requested or required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent military experience, or college degree.
- 2-3 years' experience operating food processing machinery is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and adept with tools and equipment, including ability to accurately complete required paperwork.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and interpersonal skills with ability to work successfully both independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Willing to work any shift as necessary.
- Willing to work overtime as necessary or required.
Champion is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Posting ID: 608155563Posted: 2021-02-23